chrome redirects to yahoo

LawrenceNookie

Thread author
Oct 15, 2017
Hello team!

Good day! I've been having this problem where chrome redirects me to yahoo when I search on the chrome address bar or even in the google homepage. I've tried searching for other options online and none of them works. I checked the installed files and I don't see anything suspicious. I've also been encountering a lot of unwanted pop-ups on random websites even in youtube. I saw one thread in here where the user experiences the same issue as I do but the thread specifically states that the fix was exclusively for the thread starter. I was hoping to get some help as I've been dealing with this for a while now. Thank you and have a great day guys!

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    40.8 KB · Views: 3
  • FRST.txt
    164.7 KB · Views: 4

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Please download Zemana AntiMalware and save it to your Desktop.
  • Install the program and once the installation is complete it will start automatically.
  • Without changing any options, press Scan to begin.
  • After the short scan is finished, if threats are detected press Next to remove them.
Note: If restart is required to finish the cleaning process, you should click Reboot. If reboot isn't required, please restart your computer manually.
  • Open Zemana AntiMalware again.
  • Click on
    4zu6vb.jpg
    icon and double click the latest report.
  • Now click File > Save As and choose your Desktop before pressing Save.
  • The only left thing is to attach saved report in your next message.

LawrenceNookie

Thread author
Oct 15, 2017
Please download Zemana AntiMalware and save it to your Desktop.
  • Install the program and once the installation is complete it will start automatically.
  • Without changing any options, press Scan to begin.
  • After the short scan is finished, if threats are detected press Next to remove them.
Note: If restart is required to finish the cleaning process, you should click Reboot. If reboot isn't required, please restart your computer manually.
  • Open Zemana AntiMalware again.
  • Click on
    4zu6vb.jpg
    icon and double click the latest report.
  • Now click File > Save As and choose your Desktop before pressing Save.
  • The only left thing is to attach saved report in your next message.

I attached the report. seems like it's good. I have a few more questions though.

- whenever my browser goes idle for a few minutes then I click on ANY spot on the screen, I get annoying pop-ups
- should I keep this AntiMalware with my current AntiVirus? Im a little concern about conflicts or resource consumption.

Thanks again sir!

Attachments

• 2017.10.18-17.55.02-i0-t92-d3.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 3

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
You can keep anti virus along with anti malware.

FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition.txt option is checked.

2873ryc.png

• Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
Please attach report into your next reply.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.