Battle CIS 6 vs KIS 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Which one do you like Comodo Internet Security 6 vs Kaspersky Internet Security 2013.
Please can someone list the Features of CIS 6.

Reactions: Logethica
D

Deleted member 178

CIS v6

- Antivirus
- Behavior Blocker
- HIPS
- Kiosk (sandbox interface )
- Full sandbox (with full virtualization that must be activated via regedit)
- Cloud
- File Rating
- Comodo Cleaning Essential as addon

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
i prefer cis the only downfall is that cis doesn't get tested from popular labs like kaspersky eset so only people who know how cis is good use it!but for me its really good and free ;)

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
Stranger said:
Comparing Free with Paid Product is not fair in my point of view.

yes, the paid one always loose ^^
Naa... but you don't have always to rely on paid software.
You have Mcafee as paid sofware and avast as free software

Software like cccleaner,sandboxie,comodo,malwarebytes,avast,avira are few example where one can say "free is better then paid"

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
CIS v6

- Antivirus
- Behavior Blocker
- HIPS
- Kiosk (sandbox interface )
- Full sandbox (with full virtualization that must be activated via regedit)
- Cloud
- File Rating
- Comodo Cleaning Essential as addon

as i have seen the new test of CIS 6in the test i have seen that the COMODO DNS is giving better protection. Comodo DNS is now giving WebProtection

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
House_maniac said:
i prefer cis the only downfall is that cis doesn't get tested from popular labs like kaspersky eset so only people who know how cis is good use it!but for me its really good and free ;)

Not only for you it Really Good & Very Light(Lightest)

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
CIS is good, but common people does not heard about it, they can found kaspersky in shop, and shopkeepers tell them that this is the best, and customers will take it, another reason is they may saw/heard about some acquaintance using kaspersky, and they will surely depend on kaspersky than Comodo.....

but i personally think, KIS 2013 is much lighter than 2012, but not like CIS 6 ......
CIS only lacking Web Protection, but unknown told that he saw Comodo DNS is working better now, but Comodo DNS is does not give better service in all around the world, that's why they should use some inbuilt web Protection i think :|
and i also think that some freewares are more reliable than some paid softwares....

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why not look at their website for features?

https://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/free-internet-security.php

http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/internet-security#Feature1

Not always.

Umbra Corp. said:

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
Stranger said:

I would not say that; if a paid product truly provide excellent protection as well as support I am sure that a user would prefer the paid solution due to its services that free solution does not provide.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
tapoo said:
CIS is good, but common people does not heard about it, they can found kaspersky in shop, and shopkeepers tell them that this is the best, and customers will take it, another reason is they may saw/heard about some acquaintance using kaspersky, and they will surely depend on kaspersky than Comodo.....

but i personally think, KIS 2013 is much lighter than 2012, but not like CIS 6 ......
CIS only lacking Web Protection, but unknown told that he saw Comodo DNS is working better now, but Comodo DNS is does not give better service in all around the world, that's why they should use some inbuilt web Protection i think :|
and i also think that some freewares are more reliable than some paid softwares....
i don't have any knowledge about the service but it is now better than the past.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Valentin N said:
Umbra Corp. said:
Stranger said:

I would not say that; if a paid product truly provide excellent protection as well as support I am sure that a user would prefer the paid solution due to its services that free solution does not provide.

According to me CIS 6 is Better than many Paid Software. if you need help from comodo it hand to hand had a chat online.

I

illumination

It really comes down to users choice, CIS and KIS both are good products. I personally find CIS is lighter and more responsive on my machine, but may not be the case for someone else.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
thewolfsmith72 said:
It really comes down to users choice, CIS and KIS both are good products. I personally find CIS is lighter and more responsive on my machine, but may not be the case for someone else.

Even i feel CIS very very lighter than KIS as KIS has slow down startup & shutdown speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.