Battle CIS 6 vs KIS 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Which one do you like Comodo Internet Security 6 vs Kaspersky Internet Security 2013.
Please can someone list the Features of CIS 6.

Reactions: Logethica
I

illumination

Umbra Corp. said:
In most paid vendors, you pay, in fact, the services & online/phone support

In this case, the free product listed in the thread title, will in fact charge you for their services/support "geekbuddy" although not near as expensive as most others, you still will pay.

AbDoU Z

Sep 22, 2012
kaspersky 2013

Antivirus -with low false positives
Behavior Blocker
HIPS
Cloud
File rating
Web protection
Exploit Prevention
Safe Money Technology

---------

Comodo 6

Antivirus - with many of fales positives
Behavior Blocker
HIPS
kiosk
Sandbox
Cloud
File Rating

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
i voted for KIS due to its protection but its really a fair comparison since CIS is free.
also worth mentioning that CIS has much lesser impact on the computers performance.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
AbDoU Z said:
kaspersky 2013

Antivirus -with low false positives
Behavior Blocker
HIPS
Cloud
File rating
Web protection
Exploit Prevention
Safe Money Technology

---------

Comodo 6

Antivirus - with many of fales positives
Behavior Blocker
HIPS
kiosk
Sandbox
Cloud
File Rating
If you have any FPs submit them throught frorum or web submission they resolve them very quickly ...

For it's CIS of course ...

P

Plexx

It seems like users still carry the idea that CAV is known for high False Positives.

In fact since version 5.8 the FP's rate decreased thanks to submission of users.

HIPS on both products function differently so that would not be a fair comparison.

In terms of lightness, it is CIS. There are users who still say Kaspersky is light. In fact it is light compared to previous versions, not compared to other vendors.

KIS and CIS is basically Paid versus Free as it boils down. Firewall of CIS is actually more advanced than KIS but not everyone touches that subject.

Just my 2 cents :)

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
Unknown said:
thewolfsmith72 said:
It really comes down to users choice, CIS and KIS both are good products. I personally find CIS is lighter and more responsive on my machine, but may not be the case for someone else.

Even i feel CIS very very lighter than KIS as KIS has slow down startup & shutdown speed

Yes that issue with the startup/shutdown is still present and a patch is not yet available. See here. I agree with Biozfear on CIS firewall. Comodo's is a hands-down winner for the firewall imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.