CIS and yandex browser toolbar bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amiga500

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Is there any particular reason why a yandex pack is included with the new release of CIS 6.3?

Thanks.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
May be comodo don't like Yahoo's new logo ;)
http://socialmediatoday.com/elizabethkent/1754131/yahoo-logo-change-better-branding-tips

while yandex is new for me but i read about it.This is popular in russia and europe.But at the last i think, this is only money issue.

Amiga500

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
That does not answer why a yandex toolbar pack is being snuck into comodo.
Anybody have any ideas?

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
comodo only bundles yandex toolbar so that they can earn some money and support development to keep comodo free
if you dont like the toolbar you can uninstall it

Reactions: JakeXPMan

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Does that mean you cannot get the option to NOT install it, and must be uninstalled afterwards (like Panda Cloud's toolbar)?

loveboy_lion said:
if you dont like the toolbar you can uninstall it

Comodo makes an estimated $15M revenue (according to sources, recent or not)
http://www.insideview.com/directory/comodo-inc
http://companies.findthecompany.com/l/13799674/Comodo-Group-Inc-in-Clifton-NJ

Don't forget Avira and Panda Cloud bundles a toolbar, but no one likes that. Wait, now Comodo returns with the toolbar and let's support it!?

No offence, but I smell biased comments.

Amiga500

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
That involves yahoo etc.
I mean the yandex pack which is included in the actual installer file.
I have never had a toolbar with comodo.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Amiga500 said:
That involves yahoo etc.
I mean the yandex pack which is included in the actual installer file.
I have never had a toolbar with comodo.

I just installed the latest version of CIS in VMWare and it had no evidence of Yandex, the installer came with the option Yahoo Toolbar, homepage and default search change to Comodo search which is a custom Yahoo search page.

Are you sure that you got the Yandex Toolbar from CIS?
As far as I know they still have a partnership with Yahoo.

I did several web searches and found no connection between Comodo and Yandex.

Do you have any screenshots?

Thanks. :D

I

illumination

I just tested this as well, only option i found that was added in this release, is upon installing, if you have Comodo Dragon and do not have Privacy Dog, it will offer an option to install it..

Y

yigido

That does not answer why a yandex toolbar pack is being snuck into comodo.
Anybody have any ideas?
Because Comodo has a lot of users into Russia. It is about marketing you know ;) Comodo gives this free and they want to hire new employees for better products.. and if you do not want Yandex then un-click the Yandex options :)

Reactions: JakeXPMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.