Not open for further replies.

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Hi, guys today when I am using google I want to search for norton discounts and I am keep being redirected to this cite cj.dotomi.com I tried the everything(ESET, Malwarebytes, Kaspersky, Bitdefender, and hitman) But nothing can remove it I uninstall chrome and reinstall, I did everything but nothing seems to work please help!

Reactions: Nevi and Jack

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi , peterfat111..! :)

Most likely, Chrome Sync is turned on ... Follow these steps:

..next :

Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, and that will be the right version.

• Right-click FRST.exe/FRST64.exe then click "Run as administrator"
  • When the tool opens, click Yes to the disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When finished, it will produce logs called FRST.txt and Addition.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.
  • Please copy and paste the logs in your next reply.
---------------------------------------------------

In your next reply, please include:
  • FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021

..next :

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, and that will be the right version.

• Press the Scan button.
  • When finished, it will produce logs called FRST.txt and Addition.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.

• FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt
there you go

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    52.7 KB · Views: 11
  • FRST.txt
    86.5 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Nevi

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
+

• If you already have Malwarebytes installed then open Malwarebytes and click on the Scan button. It will automatically check for updates and run a Threat Scan.
  • If you don't have Malwarebytes installed yet please download it from here and install it.
  • Once installed then open Malwarebytes and select Scan and let it run.
  • Once the scan is completed make sure you have it quarantine any detections it finds.
  • If no detections were found click on the Save results drop-down, then the Export to TXT button, and save the file as a Text file to your desktop or other location you can find and attach that log on your next reply.
  • If there were detections then once the quarantine has completed click on the View report button, Then click the Export drop-down, then the Export to TXT button, and save the file as a Text file to your desktop or other location you can find and attach that log on your next reply.
  • If the computer restarted to quarantine you can access the logs from the Detection History, then the History tab. Highlight the most recent scan and double-click to open it. Then click the Export drop-down, then the Export to TXT button, and save the file as a Text file to your desktop or other location you can find and attach that log on your next reply.
  • If Malwarebytes won't run then please skip to the next step and let me know in your next reply that the scanner would not run.

+

Download AdwCleaner and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click AdwCleaner.exe to run it.
  • Click Scan Now...
    • When the scan has finished a Scan Results window will open.
    • Click Cancel (at this point do not attempt to Quarantine anything that is found)
  • Now click the Log Filestab ...
    • Double click on the latest scan log (Scan logs have a [S0*] suffix, where * is replaced by a number, the latest scan will have the largest number)
    • A Notepad file will open containing the results of the scan.
    • Please post the contents of the file in your next reply.

Reactions: peterfat11

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
+

SecurityCheck by glax24

I would like you to run a tool named SecurityCheck to inquire about the current-security-update status of some applications.

• Download SecurityCheck by glax24 from here https://tools.safezone.cc/glax24/SecurityCheck/SecurityCheck.exe
  • and save the tool on the desktop.
  • If Windows's SmartScreen block that with a message-window, then
  • Click on the MORE INFO spot and over-ride that and allow it to proceed.
  • This tool is safe. Smartscreen is overly sensitive.
  • Right-click with your mouse on the Securitycheck.exe and select "Run as administrator" and reply YES to allow to run & go forward
  • Wait for the scan to finish. It will open in a text file named SecurityType.txt. Close the file. Attach it with your next reply.
  • You can find this file in a folder called SecurityCheck, C:\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.txt

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Auslogics BoostSpeed

Driver Booster

Glary Utilities PRO

Kerish Doctor

Too many program optimizers and registry cleaners .. This is a very bad idea ..! Why:

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
AV: Norton 360 (Enabled - Up to date) {A2708B76-6835-6565-CB96-694212954A75}----》idk why it shouldn’t exist
AV: Windows Defender (Disabled - Up to date) {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
AV: Kaspersky Total Security (Enabled - Up to date) {4F76F112-43EB-40E8-11D8-F7BD1853EA23}
FW: Norton 360 (Enabled) {9A4B0A53-225A-643D-E0C9-C077EC460D0E}
FW: Kaspersky Total Security (Enabled) {774D7037-0984-41B0-3A87-5E88E680AD58}

It is also not recommended to have two or more antivirus programs..! Only one antivirus is enough for you ...If you do not have an active license for paid programs, please uninstall them properly ..!

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Too many program optimizers and registry cleaners .. This is a very bad idea ..! Why:

idk I don't got them anymore, they are just somehow on the list, I only got kerish....

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
It is also not recommended to have two or more antivirus programs..! Only one antivirus is enough for you ...If you do not have an active license for paid programs, please uninstall them properly ..!
yes idk why norton is there, I checked and it is not anywhere

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
+

• If you already have Malwarebytes installed then open Malwarebytes and click on the Scan button. It will automatically check for updates and run a Threat Scan.
  • If you don't have Malwarebytes installed yet please download it from here and install it.
  • Once installed then open Malwarebytes and select Scan and let it run.
  • Once the scan is completed make sure you have it quarantine any detections it finds.
  • If no detections were found click on the Save results drop-down, then the Export to TXT button, and save the file as a Text file to your desktop or other location you can find and attach that log on your next reply.
  • If there were detections then once the quarantine has completed click on the View report button, Then click the Export drop-down, then the Export to TXT button, and save the file as a Text file to your desktop or other location you can find and attach that log on your next reply.
  • If the computer restarted to quarantine you can access the logs from the Detection History, then the History tab. Highlight the most recent scan and double-click to open it. Then click the Export drop-down, then the Export to TXT button, and save the file as a Text file to your desktop or other location you can find and attach that log on your next reply.
  • If Malwarebytes won't run then please skip to the next step and let me know in your next reply that the scanner would not run.

+

Download AdwCleaner and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click AdwCleaner.exe to run it.
  • Click Scan Now...
    • When the scan has finished a Scan Results window will open.
    • Click Cancel (at this point do not attempt to Quarantine anything that is found)
  • Now click the Log Filestab ...
    • Double click on the latest scan log (Scan logs have a [S0*] suffix, where * is replaced by a number, the latest scan will have the largest number)
    • A Notepad file will open containing the results of the scan.
    • Please post the contents of the file in your next reply.
Nothing is found by both of the programs, do you still want to upload it?

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
I got a 2 year kaspersky(the only one running) total security license....

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Re-scan with FRST

• Double-click FRST.exe/FRST64.exe to run it.
  • Press the Scan button.

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Re-scan with FRST

• Double-click FRST.exe/FRST64.exe to run it.
  • Press the Scan button.
here : I tried to find some left overs with iobit uninstaller l I hope some of them will disappear

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    90.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Addition.txt
    52 KB · Views: 5

peterfat11

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021

..next :

• Press the Scan button.

• FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt
Finally, this problem is fixed, I used norton power eraser, and it find them and now there are no more redirects!!!!
Check now:

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Finally, this problem is fixed, I used norton power eraser, and it find them and now there are no more redirects!!!!

Great news..! :)

The following will remove the tools we used as well as reset system restore points:

KpRm

Download KpRm by kernel-panik and save it to your desktop.
  • Right-click kprm_(version).exe and select Run as Administrator.
  • When the tool opens, ensure all boxes are checked, and select Run.
  • Once complete, click OK.
  • A log will open in Notepad titled kprm-(date).txt.
  • Please copy and paste its contents in your next reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.