Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
1568077731554.png

I got this in my email today.

Many people have or have had Yahoo email.

These breaches were bad.

...records taken included the names, email addresses, telephone numbers, birth dates, passwords, and security questions and answers of Yahoo account holders.

In some places, with just a little more info that could be found based on the compromised data -- this is enough to apply for certain types of credit.

Who’s Included? If you received a Notice about the Data Breaches, or if you had a Yahoo account at any time between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2016, and are a resident of the United States or Israel, you are a “Settlement Class Member.”

If affected, you can get credit monitoring or maybe $100. Maybe.

Complete information and instructions on Filing a Claim, excluding oneself from the Settlement, or Objecting are available on the Settlement Website at www.YahooDataBreachSettlement.com.

Last edited:

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Already listed all of my Yahoo emails. I can't wait for the class action lawsuit against the national DoNotCall list. It's leaking left and right. I wanted to get rid off a little bit of spam so I added my emails and phone number to the list. Then a week later I got a constant wave of spam. Had to change my phone number. Not sure what to do about my email. Great job, FCC....

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.