Clean The Dust Acumulation Out Of Your Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

marg

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
My suggestion is that everyone should clean the inside of their computer at least once a year. Its not that difficult IMO. Simply unplug it & remove the other do dad cables. Next is to remove the cover. Once the cover is removed use a can of compressed air to remove all them dust bunnies. I start by blowing out the main fan & then the small CPU fan & any other dust bunnies I find. This will help your computer to run cooler in the HOT summer months ahead.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I use a soft little paint brush to clean fans and heat sink around the CPU and then blow it out with compressed air.
If you have indoor animals their hair will not be easily remove with compressed alone. I have seven indoor cats because I must use a brush to remove the cat hair. Keeping inside of your computer clean will help prolong the hardware components.

Also placing your computer in the coolest room will be best to keep it from over heating in the summer months adding or replacing old fans is also good.

Enjoy!! :D

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I use a 1" paint brush for cleaning (Home Service). At the shop we use a hand-held blower.

Reactions: marg

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Reading each of these posts has been like finding a whole lot of earlier messages my conscience had sent me that were:eek: somehow deleted without my reading.:rolleyes: Using the vaccuum in & around our computers hasn't cut it, and my own hot air:mad::confused: to blow this lap top's keyboard & it's computer desk's surface free of dust (has not become a horror movie..yet!) and just can't compete with a clean focused stream of cool pressurized air, so I must get some!:):)
Although getting the tower off of the floor has reduced the accumulation of those :oops:'dust bunnies as big as Rats:eek:;)' Marg mentioned,:p I'm a bit scared to find what lies beneath the casing. I may just happen to have a small paint brush, if I can find it.:confused: Thank you for the tip Littlebits, and WinXPert too.:cool: Even as I've dilligently shedded each of the four (two short haired and two long furred) members in our feline pride of cuddly catfood predators, & gathered enough cashmere-like kitty 'wool' to stuff a pillow, I must now stand and introduce myself:

My name is Cats..,
and I am a dust-a-holic
!!:p:D ;)

Update: @Chromatinfish 123, the A/C is only eight feet away. I shall move closer thus becoming cooler, and recovery shall begin!:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Chromatinfish 123

marg

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
My earlier thread was assaulted by a foul mouthed person. This is a re post after he was removed from the Forum.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
My earlier thread was assaulted by a foul mouthed person. This is a re post after he was removed from the Forum.

Think I missed that one

Here is something similar to what we use at the shop. Our is black 700 Watts. Cleaning 14 PCs you should cover your head like a ninja.

1591983_2000x2000.jpg

Reactions: marg

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Think I missed that one

Here is something similar to what we use at the shop. Our is black 700 Watts. Cleaning 14 PCs you should cover your head like a ninja.

1591983_2000x2000.jpg
Lol!!!:p My cats would all be holed up safely in the closet following a :eek:hasty retreat.;):D ..poor things!:rolleyes:
I'm afraid such gale force winds may very well disconnect the fans, CPU, and various parts connected to the mother board!:oops: ..but, on the bright side,o_O there'll be no dust motes left unturned!!:):)

Reactions: marg and WinXPert

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Thanks for the tips guys! I'm cleaning my PC now lol. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.