Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Home: deseat.me

Sign in with Google requires:
  • View your emails messages and settings
  • Know who you are on Google
  • View your email address
"Swedish developers Wille Dahlbo and Linus Unnebäck created Deseat.me, which offers a way to wipe your entire existence off the internet in a few clicks.

When logging into the website with a Google account it scans for apps and services you’ve created an account for, and creates a list of them with easy delete links.

Every account it finds gets paired with an easy delete link pointing to the unsubscribe page for that service. Within in a few clicks you’re freed from it, and depending on how long you need to work through the entire list, you can be account-less within the hour."

Read more: Delete yourself from the internet by pressing this button

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
but why does it want to look through my actual emails?
"it scans for apps and services you’ve created an account for, and creates a list of them with easy delete links".

It could be scanning keywords only, but if you use your Gmail for Financial/Confidential or other Sensitive data, then think twice before Allowing permission.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.