New Update Clear Read Font Contrast Text Reader View

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Clear Read Font Contrast Text Reader View topic here.
Some exciting (for you and your eyes!) extensions, add-ons here ...I use!

In Firefox:

Font Contrast Fix Font Contrast Fix – Add-ons for Firefox
- by Fushko
NEW version 1.1.2 updated Oct 31, 2017.
Tired of web developers slapping grey fonts on white backgrounds? Me too! That's why I created this little extension.
Features:
-Very easy to toggle on and off
-Works separately on every tab
-Re-activates itself on page reload
-Fast and light on memory
-Enable automatically on selected websites in the options
Coming in 1.2: New algorithm that attempts to avoid darkening light fonts if they are already on dark backgrounds.
User comment very nice!:D :
'A Godsend
Letting the punishment fit the crime department: The idiots who have been pushing low contrast type should be put in a prison with ones who write novels by pasting letters cut from magazines onto pages (think ransom notes), the ones who stopped using words on signs in favor of hieroglyphs, the ones who make the power switch almost impossible to find on electrical appliances, and doctors who write important medical information in an indecipherable scrawl, and they should all be forced to use each other's annoying work. Font Contrast Fix has unfortunately become an essential extension. It does the job, and I am grateful to Fushko for giving it to us...'
- so Fix this page's font contrast!

Reader Reader – Add-ons for Firefox
by Baris Derin - Homepage: Reader « Baris Derin
NEW version 62.0 updated Oct 31, 2017 ( Probably they're friends, and they agreed on it together... - I think!):):)
Reader is the ultimate Reader tool for Firefox.
Reader is the ultimate Reader tool for your Firefox that provides you the best reading experience by transforming text on any website using fonts, colors, and layouts of your choosing in a clean and distraction free environment.
- I didn't do anything in Options, left it as it was. It's perfect, that's all.
User comments very nice:
'YO YO. YO IT AIN'T NO JOOOOOOKE! !!'
'Super Add-On
Reader is great if you have difficulty reading the small font size articles.' - by me yeah, maybe it spoke about our mods reading my topics .. sure;)
- yes I'm kidding, but my problem occurred from copy/paste then 'Font Size' change ..
☞..would it be possible to increase on MT website the 'Minimum font size', cause it's on minimum now, I think. And default font too, please...

☞Firefox in addition has its native 'Reader View', icon in the address bar. But 'Reader' is much better.

☞Text/font Enhancers flush all ads and gifs, you know this!

Last edited by a moderator:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
In Chrome (and Chromium forks):

Darken text Darken text
offered by thirdreplicator Home page (of David Beckwith): DavidBeckwith.com
Version: 1.1 Updated: September 2, 2015 Size: 17.46KiB
To improve readability, you can darken text (DT) on blog and news articles with one click.
This Chrome extension installs a button labelled "DT" that you can click on to darken text inside <p> tags so that the text becomes more readable. - 'must have' extension I use.

Reader View Reader View
offered by yokris.dev Home page: Reader View
Version: 0.1.5 Updated: September 25, 2017 Size: 62.16KiB
- strips away clutter like buttons, background images, and changes the page's text size, contrast and layout for better readability
Reader View extension brings Mozilla's open-source Readability implantation to Chromium. Using this extension you can strip clutters from webpages and read them on "Reader View" mode. The extension allows you to toggle between normal view and reader view by pressing the page-action button.
Note that reader view mode works best for web pages that have a lot of content. There are some tools in the left side panel that can help you personalize your Reader View. You can change color, background-color, font-size, font-family and width of the reader view. - too 'must have' extension I use.

Clear Read Clear Read
offered by chris.scott
Version: 0.0.10 Updated: January 14, 2016 Size: 5.79KiB
This extension adds a button to Chrome to toggle a distraction-free reading mode. When enabled, the plugin attempts to strip out just the core content and displays it in legible text on a plain white background.
- too must have extension- I have all three! (in each chromium fork).

But Clear Read works badly on MT - no text of articles, maybe it's to MT to fix this, because other websites works nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Wonderful add-on for Firefox and forks (Pale Moon, Basilisk ...): Dark Background and Light Text: Dark Background and Light Text – Add-ons for Firefox - by Mikhail Khvoinitsky
Makes every page (or only pages that you want) to have (enhanced) light text on dark background (default, I use)- it's way better than 'Invert' (you have this possibility too). Exact colors are customizable.

upload_2017-11-23_16-50-36.png

Doesn't change the image colors, hopefully.

Another must-have extension, for Chrome (and forks): High Contrast: High Contrast - offered by Google Accessibility - so Google, Version: 0.9.3 Updated: November 8, 2016 Size: 157KiB - 688,774 users

Ug_I_9OUtGSyP6dk2fRWCjSHDKVrcB9_HGVSCCFEJF7sgwaadGaIvin5_v0NdRhSJDq-xg5u2A=w640-h400-e365

I use it on 'Increased Contrast' position(then click 'Set as default scheme' button), I'm very happy with.

Google's Description:
Change or invert the color scheme to make webpages easier to read.
High Contrast lets you browse the web with your choice of several high-contrast color filters designed to make it easier to read text.

When you install this extension, all pages are "inverted", so black becomes white and white becomes black. Press the "browser action" icon in the toolbar to toggle it on and off, or customize your settings on a per-site basis. Use a convenient keyboard shortcut to quickly change your settings while you browse.

Other extensions try to change the default colors, but this ends up breaking many popular websites. Only this extension applies filters to your page that invert almost everything - the only exception is photos, which are left alone.

- My comment: Excellent extension - but pictures appear darkened.. - this is not really serious problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
User reviews for Dark Background and Light Text extension:

There has never been any comparison to this add-on; it has always been the clear winner
Thank you for keeping up with this one vis-a-vis SeaMonkey! My eye condition dictates that I must use this add-on both day and night (or wear sunglasses when I surf).

Best in class!
The most advanced extension for protecting light-sensitive eyes, especially in the evening. I actually leave it on during the day as well, it's that good!

- completely agree.

That's why I post here the Dark Background and Light Text for SeaMonkey browser, this add-on link:
Dark Background and Light Text (SeaMonkey)

- very happy to use it, enabled on Default, nothing to change.

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Try nOverlay Chrome extension: nOverlay
Version: 1.1.2 Updated: January 19, 2016 Size: 249KiB

Tints the web pages you visit without the need for an overlay
The best web page tinting tool for Chrome: nOverlay (as in no-overlay) tints web pages without the need for a physical or software overlay - so no more washed-out text or off-putting tinted image!

- I don't use it (and I didn't try it), cause I have my 'High Contrast' extension...

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
And now...
- try TLDR: Summarize Anything Chrome extension: TLDR: Summarize Anything
Version: 4.7.6 Updated: May 31, 2017 Size: 403KiB, 77,633 users...

Too long didn't read? Summarize Articles, News, Anything
TLDR (Too Long Didn't Read) Plugin is a free extension that creates a summary of any web article without leaving the original page. Now more streamlined.

Overview:
Recognant’s TLDR Plugin extension provides a streamlined way to get a condensed synopsis view of news, blog posts, and other articles online for quick and easy reading. Powered by Liquid Helium, the plugin analyzes the content and creates summarized versions in four different lengths on any web page, including web applications such as web mail, ZenDesk, SalesForce, SugarCRM, and many more. Highlight text to be TLDR’ed for use with comments and FaceBook statuses. By reading articles faster you will have more time for playing Angry Birds, and planning for the post 2012 apocalypse.

Features:
TLDR Plugin provides the finest, fullest-featured content summarization available online:
• Now supports multiple languages; English, Spanish, German, and French.
• Creates fast 350 +/- word executive summaries of any page
• Delivers three synopsized versions which map to about 25%, 50% and 75% of original article length
• Preserves the structure of the original article
Summaries pop-up in a stylish reader overlay on the web page
• Uses language heuristics for highly readable summaries and synopses
• User-defined default summarization configuration
• Works on secure HTTPS pages (must be enabled in options)
• Users can define specific text on any page to summarize
• “Find More Like This” feature uses heuristics for more specific search results
• Fun sloth theme
• Free to install

More Information:
Website: Recognant – Foundational Technologies for Cognitive Computing

- I don't use it (and I didn't try it), cause I'm reading fast. Faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.