ClearCloud to end

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well on this link are having a petition for a possible to make ClearCloud back if the general manager may change the decision.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Well on this link are having a petition for a possible to make ClearCloud back if the general manager may change the decision.

I'm always entertained by these types of petitions. No amount of user voting or 'signing' is going to make a difference if a corporation has already decided a product is no longer feasible. I can guarantee they've already explored every possible angle before deciding to discontinue the service. It's not like they're going to see the petition and say, "Hey, why didn't we think of that?". ;)

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Would you be willing to pay for their service as long as there are free alternatives out there? Probably not.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well its now September 1, 2011, say good bye to ClearCloud DNS. :(

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Oh, so they extend it one month still its so sad that ClearCloud will be discontinued.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Yeah, sad because now I got a new PC, I was going to try it out:(

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Such a shame to see a fast and great malicious link blocking DNS go out of service soon.

:(

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
There are few countries ClearCloud DNS is offline. Also when you look for the main site its like you cannot tell its discontinued already.

Link

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
ClearCloud reached its end for such a silly reason:
Code:
Effective September 1, 2011, GFI's ClearCloud DNS service will be discontinued and no longer available for consumer use. While we have many loyal ClearCloud DNS users, we have found that most customers prefer the more robust web filtering solution available as a feature in our VIPRE Premium product. We would like to thank all of the beta testers for their valuable feedback throughout this last 12 month evaluation period. To discontinue using the ClearCloud DNS service, you will need to reconfigure your network connection. If this is not done prior to September 1, 2011, your Internet connectivity will be interrupted.

Not all of us have VIPRE Premium :(

D

Deleted member 178

long time i abandonned clearcloud, they want make money, so be it. You have other choices : Norton or Comodo DNS, use an utility called Hostman who will add malicious links listed by MVPS to your Hosts file,etc...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
AFAIK ClearCloud never reached as official and it was became under beta stage for 12 months cycle period. So too bad and users used as beta and never become an official.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.