New Update ClearURLs

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

then use FPI (First Party Isolation) + Containers
Remember that Firefox's sandbox is still substantially weaker (especially on Linux, where it can hardly be considered a sandbox at all) then Chromium based browser and lacks support for isolating sites from each other rather than only containing content as a whole.
So if one exploit Firefox itself, then all of your content would be not secure as it's not isolated.

That's why Chromium based browser have (strict) site isolation which also protect against sidechannel attacks too.

toto_10

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2017
Anyone else experiencing problems with this extension on sites like MalwareTips, YouTube, sites with logins and dark mode. This extension logs me automatically out of sites and resets my YouTube dark mode setting. After I disabled this extension every site is back to normal. Even though I disabled Allow blocking domains, it still give me problems.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Anyone else experiencing problems with this extension on sites like MalwareTips, YouTube, sites with logins and dark mode. This extension logs me automatically out of sites and resets my YouTube dark mode setting. After I disabled this extension every site is back to normal. Even though I disabled Allow blocking domains, it still give me problems.
No such issues here. It's pretty uncharacteristic of this extension do such things. Anyway, try resetting it from options.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Strange. I even still use blocking domains and MT works fine

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Remember that Firefox's sandbox is still substantially weaker (especially on Linux, where it can hardly be considered a sandbox at all) then Chromium based browser and lacks support for isolating sites from each other rather than only containing content as a whole.
So if one exploit Firefox itself, then all of your content would be not secure as it's not isolated.

That's why Chromium based browser have (strict) site isolation which also protect against sidechannel attacks too.

With all due respect:
1) FPI (First Party Isolation) + Containers = both privacy features... have nothing to do with sandboxing.
2) Sanboxing feature is related to SECURITY, and this post is about PRIVACY. More specifically, this post is about one add-on/extension and privacy... that's all.
3) I have nothing against Chrome/Chromium. I just followed the logic. And considering that this post was focused on privacy, then all my explanations were related to Firefox. I don't want to sound rude, but it's a contradiction to worry about privacy and to use Chrome/Chromium at the same time.

If you want to completely change subject, and you want to compare Firefox' security with Chrome/Chromium' security, be my guest, open a new post and talk there, for example, about sandboxing.

Last edited:

toto_10

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2017
@oldschool I switched between uBlock Origin and AdGuard to find out witch one was causing the problem, but neither of them did.
Beside these ad blockers I have
  • Checker Plus for Gmail
  • Bitwarden
  • uMatrix
  • Dark Reader
  • FACEIT Enhancer
  • Google Translate
  • Windscribe
I'm using Edge Chromium as my main browser with all 'Privacy and services' settings disabled.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.