clickserve.dartsearch.net redirect

Dwilkows

Thread author
Jan 24, 2020
I am running a Mac with OSX Catalina Ver. 10.15.2 (19C57) so obviously the app will not run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: [correlate]

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello @Dwilkows,
In which browser are you seeing this redirect? Safari, Chrome or Firefox?
Also, does it happen on a specific site or on most sites?

Dwilkows

Thread author
Jan 24, 2020
Hello Jack'
My searches are only hijacked by clickserve.dartsearch.net redirect when using Google Chrome. It doesn't happen on all searches or all sites, but I haven't been able to detect a pattern to it. The workaround is to scroll down from the first links returned by the search and look for a similar item or a listing that appears below the top/main link in smaller print--a submenu item at the site most likely. Then I am allowed in and can easily go from there to the home page.

I started this topic in the wrong place because I didn't notice the divisions for Mac & PC. So do I need to repost the original topic & questions on the Mac forum page since that's the platform where the malware shows up?

Okay, now I see I am in the correct forum! Did you move me over here? Thanks very much!

Dwilkows
Doug

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
No need to start a new thread, I've created this one for you. :)
Lets do a quick check:

1. From the Apple menu, select System Preferences.
  2. When the System Preferences window opens, search for the Profiles icon.
    If there isn’t a Profiles icon, you don’t have any profiles installed, which is normal and you can continue with the next steps.
  3. If there’s a Profile icon, click on it and select any suspicious profile that you want to remove, and then press the – (minus) button. Click Remove to remove the profile.

Next, into Chrome's URL bar, type (or copy/paste) chrome://extensions/. A list with all the extensions that are installed on your Chrome browser will appear. What extensions do you have installed? Are there any that you don't remember installing?

Then, into Chrome's URL bar, type (or copy/paste) chrome://policy and click Enter, then check if there are policies loaded in Chrome.

Dwilkows

Thread author
Jan 24, 2020
My System Profiles folder is empty--I didn't have one but searched the HD for it and that created one.

Chrome Extensions:
--Amazon Assistant for Chrome 10.1910.9.12227
--Google Docs Offline 1.9
--iCloud Bookmarks 2.1.2
--Docs 0.10 Create and edit documents ID: aohghmighlieiainnegkcijnfilokake

Chrome Policies: Two types of policies listed, "Chrome Policies" and "Google Docs Offline". Both show "No Policies Set"

Some more Info: The AV protection, in addition to the Apple Firewall is by F-Secure and it's provided by my ISP, Spectrum (Formerly Charter.net). Attached are 2 screen shots from it.

Attachments

• Security Suite by F-Secure 1.png
    Security Suite by F-Secure 1.png
    797.5 KB · Views: 279
  • Security Suite by F-Secure 2.png
    Security Suite by F-Secure 2.png
    131.5 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:

Dwilkows

Thread author
Jan 24, 2020
I'm back, Jack. Pardon my absence, but I was busy being a volunteer most of last week. Anything new to try or other ideas?

Dwilkows

Thread author
Jan 24, 2020
clickserve.dartsearch.net refused to connect.

This blockage to what I want to see is still bugging me. Do you have anything new Jack? I appreciate your help very much and even more for the hours and hours you put in as a volunteer. Thank you for anything you can suggest.

Now Safari is also responding in the same manner. See the attached screen shot.
Safari message.png

Doug

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.