Troubleshoot CloudFlare Captcha Annoying

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Tutorial to white-list my IP with the help of this video.
Whitelisted my ip a number of times but everytime after a day or two they again remove it.
I have scanned my computer many times, there is no virus found.
@TwinHeadedEagle

oYgEoDO.png

Reactions: Logethica

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Tutorial to white-list my IP with the help of this video.
Whitelisted my ip a number of times but every time after a day or two they again remove it.
I have scanned my computer many times, there is no virus found.
@TwinHeadedEagle

oYgEoDO.png
There is nothing wrong with your machine, the webmasters of these websites have chosen a higher security level from Cloudflare. Apart from white listing your IP, there's not much you can do, as the "issue" is with the website security configuration.
Even if do white list the IP, there are some settings in Cloudflare which if checked, will require visitors from certain countries to complete the Captcha verification.

You could contact the webmasters and ask them to whitelist your IP for the website, so you won't see that Captcha, but I'm not sure a lot of admins will do that. Most will say that it's easy to check a box, and that this extra security step is protecting the website from DDoS attacks.

Why do I see a captcha or challenge page (Attention Required) trying to visit a site protected by CloudFlare as a site visitor?

A site visitor to a website that CloudFlare is protecting can see a captcha for the following reasons:

1.The IP address you are on has shown problematic activity online recently in one of our data sources. If you would like to look your IP up, then please look your IP up at Project Honeypot. If the IP address shows data for malicious activity, you can see why there. You can also attempt to whitelist your IP directly on that page by connecting from that IP.

2. The site owner decided to block the country you are visiting from.

3. Your actions are triggering a Web Application Firewall rule that the website owner has turned on.

What to do:

1. You can still enter the site by passing the captcha. You can also request to the site owner that the whitelist your IP address. You must have cookies and JavaScript enabled in your browser settings to pass the captcha. If you are running any anti-virus or firewall programs on your computer, then you may also need to check to make sure that they aren't blocking access to the captcha image.

2. If your IP is showing that you are distributing malware or spam, your computer may have an infection and we would recommend running an anti-virus scan.

Note: CloudFlare employees can not remove the captcha. The captcha is showing specifically because of security settings the site owner has turned on.

Source: Why do I see a captcha or challenge page (Attention Required) trying to visit a site protected by CloudFlare as a site visitor?

Upvote 0

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
There is nothing wrong with your machine, the webmasters of these website have chosen a higher security level from Cloudflare. Apart from white listing your IP, there's not much you can do, as the "issue" is with the website security configuration.
Even if do white list the IP, there are some settings in Cloudflare which if checked, will require visitors from certain countries to complete the Captcha verification.

You could contact the webmasters and ask them to whitelist your IP for the website, so you won't see that Captcha, but I'm not sure a lot of admins will do that. Most will say that it's easy to check a box, and that this extra security step is protecting the website from DDoS attacks.

Please have a look at this, this is which make me tensed about my system, other than this my neighbor is having the same internet connection from same ISP he does not have captacha on any website.

Upvote 0

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Maybe one of your other devices on the network is showing some malicious activity?

Reactions: Ink
Upvote 0

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
do you use Adguard ?
No, i use Zenmate and uBlock

Maybe one of your other devices on the network is showing some malicious activity?
My whole network only have 1 computer and 1 laptop and all others are android devices, laptop is brand new so chances are less for laptop have any virus, considering about my computer showing any malicious activity which could be possible.

Upvote 0

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
No, i use Zenmate and uBlock

My whole network only have 1 computer and 1 laptop and all others are android devices, laptop is brand new so chances are less for laptop have any virus, considering about my computer showing any malicious activity which could be possible.
you should also consider the android devices too, they might be part of a botnet if malware is installed

Reactions: MrExplorer
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.