CMC Cyber Security

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
What other software would you recommend pairing this with in order to improve the security of a PC?
There is literally everybody stating that the product is not good at what it's supposed to do - at detecting malware. Why are you still insisting on using it while there are way better alternatives out there like for example WiseVector... 🤦‍♂️

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
There is literally everybody stating that the product is not good at what it's supposed to do - at detecting malware. Why are you still insisting on using it while there are way better alternatives out there like for example WiseVector... 🤦‍♂️

I just installed it on a Windows 10 VM to see again if it blocks malware or not....

In 10min I'll be back :D

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I just installed it on a Windows 10 VM to see again if it blocks malware or not....

In 10min I'll be back :D
Waiting patiently...

445f1ab89041d998d9fa937ad7f9efa3.gif

alakazam

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
I asked a question. If you can answer it, please do. If not, please refrain from replying off topic.

@LeMinhThanh, what about pairing it with LMT AntiMalware?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
What other software would you recommend pairing this with in order to improve the security of a PC?
I would avoid CMC altogether. Not only is it hopeless at detecting malware, but there are other free antiviruses which provide excellent protection. You could use a decent antivirus and not have to pair it with anything.

I tested CMC with an old malware pack. After doing a static scan and cleaning any found threats, most antivirus leave around 2,000 files behind. Not every file will get detected, becuase often with large malware collections, some files won't actually contain malware. CMC left behind around 11,500 files. Antiviruses often upload known samples to the cloud and add signatures for them at some point. However, in the past 12 months, CMC has not added signatures for even a single file it missed.

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Hmmm, I always suggest using LMT AntiMalware as 2nd antimalware besides your main antivirus but honestly I think you shouldn't use CMC. In Shadowra's test videos, CMC works worse than my software.
CMC is a company in Vietnam, I'm Vietnamese and I used to use CMC Antivirus before. CMC may be a good company, but their antivirus is not!

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Hmmm, I always suggest using LMT AntiMalware as 2nd antimalware besides your main antivirus but honestly I think you shouldn't use CMC. In Shadowra's test videos, CMC works worse than my software.
CMC is a company in Vietnam, I'm Vietnamese and I used to use CMC Antivirus before. CMC may be a good company, but their antivirus is not!
Is LMT compatible with WiseVector StopX?

alakazam

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
CMC may be a good company, but their antivirus is not!
I think it is quite decent. And it will become better if people use it and send feedback to the developers on how it can be improved. Everyone in this thread seems to have a dismissive attitude, which is not helpful at all. Ok, so Shadowra found issues with the software. Did (s)he send an email to the developers to inform them about the issues? Or did (s)he just label the software as "not good" in a thread on a security forum where the developers are not even members of? This is not how things improve. If every new project is greeted with negativity and indifference, only the big companies will remain, and, since they start to buy one another and merge with one another (Norton, Avira, AVG, Avast etc.), the diversity in the security software market will decrease until there are only one or two, like it happened to mobile operating systems.

Reactions: [correlate]

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I think it is quite decent. And it will become better if people use it and send feedback to the developers on how it can be improved. Everyone in this thread seems to have a dismissive attitude, which is not helpful at all. Ok, so Shadowra found issues with the software. Did (s)he send an email to the developers to inform them about the issues? Or did (s)he just label the software as "not good" in a thread on a security forum where the developers are not even members of? This is not how things improve. If every new project is greeted with negativity and indifference, only the big companies will remain, and, since they start to buy one another and merge with one another (Norton, Avira, AVG, Avast etc.), the diversity in the security software market will decrease until there are only one or two, like it happened to mobile operating systems.

If you have their email, please send it to me in DM, I did not find it...

It is not a problem that I underline but SEVERAL:

- Database too bad
- Total lack of defensive and proactive shields
- No web filtering or anti-attack shield.

But it is not the only one, Bkav which is also Vietnamese is identical in protection.....

Even old malware it does not block 😉 (tested on a worm from 2006 today)

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I think it is quite decent. And it will become better if people use it and send feedback to the developers on how it can be improved. Everyone in this thread seems to have a dismissive attitude, which is not helpful at all
You are actually making me mad now. You "invited" us to share our opinions and experiences about the product and those people that are stating that it's ineffective are just plain wrong in your opinion. Why did you ask us in the first place then if you already made up your mind about the software. @Shadowra even tested the product twice and both results were suboptimal. I like your mindset and that you want the software to improve, but if you don't accept other opinions then you shouldn't be asking such questions in a forum that is based on experiences and opinions...

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I think it is quite decent. And it will become better if people use it and send feedback to the developers on how it can be improved.
It's not decent, as it fails terribly at detecting malware. I highly doubt it will ever improve, considering that it was first released in 2008 and has seemingl always had a bad reputation. Once again, it's just not worth bothering with. Having said that, I have had it installed on my test system since 2020 (along with many other antiviruses), as I like testing different antiviruses. But it's not a product I would ever consider using on one my main computers in its current state.

Last edited:

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
I asked a question. If you can answer it, please do. If not, please refrain from replying off topic.

Yeah, at this point I'm thoroughly convinced you're a shill or an employee for this "company". It's been tested on here and shown to be SEVERELY lacking. Yet you keep telling anyone with any negative comments about this software to "stay on topic". We are. CMC is crap. Sorry. Deal with it.

What software should you pair with CMC? HiBit Uninstaller and a fresh copy of windows. How's that?

alakazam

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
Yeah, at this point I'm thoroughly convinced you're a shill or an employee for this "company". It's been tested on here and shown to be SEVERELY lacking. Yet you keep telling anyone with any negative comments about this software to "stay on topic". We are. CMC is crap. Sorry. Deal with it.

What software should you pair with CMC? HiBit Uninstaller and a fresh copy of windows. How's that?
I asked what security software it should be paired with. HiBit Uninstaller is not a security program. I don't understand the part about a fresh copy of Windows. And I don't think that CMC Cyber Security is a bad product. It is decent, but it needs improvement.

Reactions: [correlate]

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.