Troubleshoot cmd.. problem with path to DNSCrypt

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
Hi, I'm thinking about installing DNSCrypt, but want to test that it is recognised through use of cmd...but everytime I enter the path cd ''C:\Program Files (x86)\DNSCrypt\bin'' it is not known... is there a problem with the path?

H

hjlbx

Hi, I'm thinking about installing DNSCrypt, but want to test that it is recognised through use of cmd...but everytime I enter the path cd ''C:\Program Files (x86)\DNSCrypt\bin'' it is not known... is there a problem with the path?

What command are you using?

In any case, navigate to file's directory.

Select file and make sure its path is listed in Explorer path bar.

Goto Explorer path bar. Right-click copy address (path).

Open Admin Command prompt.

Type command and then paste (right-click) copied file path. (Make sure syntax is correct - e.g. don't forget ( " ) where needed).

Run...

Reactions: porkpiehat
Upvote 0

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
ok, here's what the results have to say.... is this info about opendns correct?
Capture.PNG

Upvote 0

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
hmm, so what resolver would you recommend for UK?.... from what I can see, the French one is secure (supposedly), and maybe some other euro ones...

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.