Running lesser and lesser security software, instead just plain window hardening.
I don't use MsOffice. I use LibreOffice instead.If you are using MS Office on SUA and choose SysHardener, then you have to use something else for hardening MS Office applications (there is no such a problem on Admin account).
The best choice for the home users is not using MS Office at all (except the free mobile versions which run in AppContainer and block the document active content).
Im using SysHardener to harden window actually. I already do have 2nd opinion scanner, EEK though in USB-Based.I'd say 3 and half layers are covered here:
- Firewall: Default
- Backup: various solutions
- Web browser: Adguard
- Realtime & other: Window Defender
Hope this all helps you, have a good day and thanks for sharing.
- Use Configure Defender alongside WD
- Add second opinion scanners like Zemana & Malwarebytes
- Could add Scriptsafe extension to Chrome
- Add Emsisoft Browser Extension to Chrome
- As you're only looking to harden windows, add Syshardener and Configure Defender to help you achieve this
Thanks fr advice.@CMLew :
Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, hanks for sharing
- I would harden WD config with Hard_COnfiguratol Tools (@Andy Ful) or NVT SysHardener and/or NVT OSA.
- As for "Disk Imaging Backup", You may add Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliable. About W10 Backup system there are many complaints about it is broken in 1809...
- As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: ZAM Free & HitMan.Pro Free.
- A PassWord Manager would be welcome also.