Browser(s) and extensions
Opera Developer Version with VPN Turned-ON*
Google Canary
Firefox Developer Version*

*Protected with Sandboxie (Paid)
Maintenance tools
Nil
File and Photo backup
Shadow Defender on Boot (only use External Drive for Saving)
System recovery
-
H

hjlbx

Wanted to reinstall CIS but somehow there is incompatibility issue with EAM...:(

Did you remember to add EAM folders, including ProgramData\Emsisoft to:
  • Shellcode Exceptions
  • Copy Comodo Internet Security HIPS Custom ruleset and apply it to Emsisoft
  • Create Sandbox Ignore rule for all Emsisoft processes
?

It is trial-and-error process. Others get the two to work. The exact configuration is not identical in all cases. On W7 and XP it has been problematic for some.

Reactions: Logethica

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Did you remember to add EAM folders, including ProgramData\Emsisoft to:
  • Shellcode Exceptions
  • Copy Comodo Internet Security HIPS Custom ruleset and apply it to Emsisoft
  • Create Sandbox Ignore rule for all Emsisoft processes
?

It is trial-and-error process. Others get the two to work. The exact configuration is not identical in all cases. On W7 and XP it has been problematic for some.

Did tried that. but somehow, EAM fail to load. since I can't open EAM, there is no way i can amend and edit them unfortunately.

D

Deleted member 178

1- remove EAM & CIS
2- reboot, clean the system with Ccleaner from every EAM & CIS leftover (files & registry). and reboot again.
3- Install CIS, set HIPS to training mode, FW to training mode, disable autosandbox, reboot.
4- install EAM, reboot
5- exclude EAM processes in every CIS module
6- exclude CIS in every EAM modules
7- reboot, tell me what happen then

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
1- remove EAM & CIS
2- reboot, clean the system with Ccleaner from every EAM & CIS leftover (files & registry). and reboot again.
3- Install CIS, set HIPS to training mode, FW to training mode, disable autosandbox, reboot.
4- install EAM, reboot
5- exclude EAM processes in every CIS module
6- exclude CIS in every EAM modules
7- reboot, tell me what happen then
Thanks @Umbra
Will try it on my older laptop since intending to use CIS on that.

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Update:

Removed:
EAM - Passed it to my girl's laptop.
HMP.A - Passed it to my girl's laptop

Added:
Appguard

Now I can say my laptop is really AV-less :D. Back to the basic; Anti-exe + Light Virtualization + Sandboxing.

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
You've made the right decision in choosing AppGuard. :) Now you have; AppGuard (Locked Down Mode) + Sandboxie + Shadow Defender = Bulletproof :cool::D

Your current config is @Umbra-ish. :p

Last edited:

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Removed:
NVT ERP

Added:
VoodooShield beta - let's see if it's getting better compared to my last year's experience with them. Still figuring out how to lock down with this. If goes well, will get a premium version.

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Added:
VoodooShield beta -..Still figuring out how to lock down with this.
I have run VoodooShield for a while .. the stable 2.86,most of the 3 Beta's and now a Pro Beta.
I recommend having it in "training mode" for 3 days or so.. and then (to lock down) switch to "always on" mode.
If you are running VoodooShield and you are about to download something that you are sure is safe then switch VS to "Disable/Install Mode" just before you start downloading,and then return it back to "always on" once download is complete..
If in "Disable/ Install Mode"..after a few minutes VoodooShield should give a prompt to ask if you wish to reactivate it again anyway.:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.