cnet's Download.com Free Security Suite Poll

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
They should allow multiple selection. Some pair up comodo firewall with a free av.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Voted for Comodo ...but Ad-Aware Free Internet Security 9 on the top of the list....seriously? :tussor:
...One question, can't I just clean my cookies/history and then vote again ?:666:

LaserWraith

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
Jack said:
...One question, can't I just clean my cookies/history and then vote again ?:666:

That is what I was saying lol. Get a macro recorder and let it run. :p I think the best polls save IPs and use cookies. You can still get around them a few times...but you run out of proxies after a bit. :p

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Lavasoft (swedish company) used to be good but langguy made a review and lavasoft did good on detecting with on demand scan but the realtime protection is bad.

Many, even on cnet, have given Ad-aware bad comments.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Valentinchen N said:
I made a thread at comodo forums to help comodo :)

I've noticed, it seems Melih has too. He did that with the last one, there is two for the 'about' and two for the 'cnet'.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Even if it is called "security suite" Ad-Ware doesn't offer a complete protection. I really don't understand the poll results.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I've recieved this email from AVG today :

Dear Beta testers,
Tech site Cnet.com is running a public poll asking users which is their favourite free antivirus product, and AVG are in the running! AVG team is hugely proud of the work we are doing and appreciate all the votes our fans have given us thus far. But hey, we’re in it to win it!
So if you use our AVG Free product and are happy (we hope so!) with the protection it’s giving you while you’re surfing the net, playing games or watching videos, please come and support us!
There is no registration required, no e-mail details taken, simply click to cast your vote. Thank you to all of you who have voted for us already, and to all of you for your support and for the wonderful community you are all helping us to build.
Vote for AVG - click here!

Subsequently, we plan to launch Release Candidate version of AVG 2011 SP1 today or tomorrow for your evaluation, through Beta update channels and installation packages. Those of you running previous version of AVG 2011 SP1 should receive an update automatically, if you haven’t downloaded the SP1 version yet, you can participate and get it on the link below.
http://beta.avg.com

Thank you for your support and help!
Jiri
AVG Beta Team
beta.manager@avg.com
http://beta.avg.com

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I also received the AVG email, however I voted for Avast!6 :p

Last I checked (4:20pm, UK London) on 2nd March 2011:
Ad-Aware = 23%
Comodo = 23%
Avast! = 20%

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
bogdan said:
I think this is done: CIS 42%, avast 18%, Ad-Aware 12%.
Yes,this are the final results :
il7Eow.png

PC Tools Antivirus and Immunet 0% .....:shocked:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.