Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Crystal Security
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Nightly:
uBlock Origin (blocking 3rd-party-scripts and 3rd-party-frames), HTTPS Everywhere, Decentraleyes, CanvasBlocker, BetterPrivacy and LastPass.
Maintenance tools
Process Lasso
CCleaner
PrivaZer
Revo Uninstaller Pro
O&O ShutUp10
File and Photo backup
Google Drive
System recovery
Macrium Reflect

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
you got a pretty strong line of defense over there.

If you keep MBAM running all the time, I don't think you need to, since you have other on-demand scanners, and HMP.A, and a strong AV.
Your system will run lighter and faster if you exit MBAM after your on-demand scan is over.

like others said, a system image backup plan is important. Not just for system failure or the unlikely event of malware infestation, but also so you can tinker with your system or install new programs and restore it to a stable state if necessary. Before tinkering, just run a backup, or put it on a schedule.

Cohen

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Too many extensions=High risk of vulnerability(keep less and have watch for updates of extensions.)All cover and thanks for sharing with us.:)
Will take that into consideration and go through my extensions removing some that I don't really need.
Would you have any extensions that you recommend me having?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Considering you have decent security setup, honestly as all other mentioned; you must install important addons.

Technically Password manager/ Adblocker/ HTTPS encryption related is sufficient for you.

Honestly, you may have like two more extensions which you feel its important and convenient.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Privazer is a great tool FrOgMiester turned me into a fan.
Just decide weather or not you want to constantly clean the pagefile.sys
Let us know your thoughts on it after you get to know it ?
PeAcE

Reactions: Logethica and Cohen

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.