Status
Not open for further replies.

ColonelMal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 5, 2017
I'm not sure about the answer to OS File Reputation. For the sake of being prudent I stated that it's turned off.

EDIT: Added VoodooShield Pro.
EDIT: Added Hitmanpro Alert

EDIT: Added Sandboxie
EDIT: Updated Bitdefender version (to 2018)

Last edited:

ColonelMal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 5, 2017
Please edit your original config to reflect these and any other future changes made to it .
Consider adding an on demand scanner(s).
I updated the original config accordingly.
Wouldn't BitDefender serve as an on demand scanner?

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Wouldn't BitDefender serve as an on demand scanner?
No, Bitdefender is your real-time protection. On-demand scanners are used for getting a second opinion on if your system is infected or helping in the removal of malware on an already infected system.

Reactions: ColonelMal

ColonelMal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 5, 2017
I added uBlock, HTTPS Everywhere, and VoodooShield Pro. I had omitted the last one from my original posting.
Now, I need to find an on demand scanner... :(

ColonelMal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 5, 2017
Some good on demand scanners are Hitman Pro, Zemana Anti-Malware, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, and Norton Power Eraser.
Thank you for the suggestions. I added Zemana Anti-Malware (on demand, not real time) for which I found a giveaway offer which I understand is for 380 days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.