Troubleshoot com.android.update

SuecitySue

Thread author
Dec 27, 2015
Please help have an Onix tablet which has been invaded by all this Chinese stuff. I had Mcafee installed and now the Chinese programes just overtake anything I attempt. I can go on line and I am confused as I was told to download Kingo if I try to open it up I get Chinese pages crossing the screen and then a Mcafee message telling me that the program is corrupt and if I try to deactivate it using the Mcafee signals it tells me deactivation was unsuccessful. I am so frustrated I wish I could afford a new on but I can't.
BRAND
ONIX ANDROID
Model Number
AT9-014
ANDROID VERSION
BASEBAND VERSION
MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V35,2014/03/12 14:00
kERNAL VERSION
lh@elinktec2#1
BUILD NUMBER
MT83X2_MR900_MR9002H1CW1.2014070319
CUSTOM BUILD VERSION
2.18_20140625

As far as I can get then tells me something has stopped.If you open settings and go to apps it tell you unfortunately the settings has stopped.
I am so over this have been trying to fix it for weeks now with Kingo etc. to no avail

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hello:

For sure you are been accidentally clicked those advertisement when you browse on the internet hence there are lot of notifications, actually they can be easily remove but better suggest to conduct factory settings.

Click Settings on menu -----> Search for 'backup and reset' (something related name) ----> Factory Data Reset.

Upvote 0

SuecitySue

Thread author
Dec 27, 2015
no I found a download called com.android.update and I am sure it has installed the Chinese malware on my tablet. It will NOT allow me to do a factory reset or anything else.

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Have got tried viewing Settings > Security > Device Administrators? Can you show or tell us what's listed, or anything suspicious?

Also make sure Unknown Sources is left turned off, this ensures Apps can only be downloaded via the Google Play Store.

My knowledge on Android is limited. Who asked you to download Kingo? I read it's to root an Android device, but I do not recommend it.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Upvote 0

SuecitySue

Thread author
Dec 27, 2015
you should have a reset function somewhere , so android will reinstal
you should have a reset function somewhere , so android will reinstalll itself using factory settings.

ll itself using factory settings.
Have got tried viewing Settings > Security > Device Administrators? Can you show or tell us what's listed, or anything suspicious?

Also make sure Unknown Sources is left turned off, this ensures Apps can only be downloaded via the Google Play Store.

My knowledge on Android is limited. Who asked you to download Kingo? I read it's to root an Android device, but I do not recommend it.
yes Factory Reset doesn't respond
Device Administrators show
a yellow & green ball with a plus sign in centre long amount of Chinese writing after it not ticked
Android Device Manager (allow android device manager to lock or delete a lost device (Ticked) won't deactivate
Apus ticked and wont deactivate
a yellow square Chinese writing after it (Ticked) won't deactivate
Mcafee Security Mcafee Mobile Security (Ticked) won't deactivate
this is the result in both safe mode and open mode.
When I googled the problem I found a site that stated that the Chinese basics is on the cheaper Chinese tablets etc. and will re-install
at a later date. He was the one who said to download Kingo and try to root my tablet. It is not very clear how to use it though.

Upvote 0
A

Alkajak

1. Hold power button until menu appears
2. Hold "Power Off" until it prompts you to boot into Safe Mode

Depending on the model of your tablet, you may have access to the Play Store in safe mode, where you can find "Avast Ransomware Removal" and "Avast Antivirus & Security". I hope this works for your model.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.