Solved COM Surrogate , DLLHost.exe Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

prowld

Thread author
May 26, 2014
Hello , I have a very unpleasant problem.
Today, when i got home from school , I tried to play some League of Legends. I noticed that i have something like 30 Ping over my Average or Usual ping which is 36. I tought it is just my ISP and i let it go for the moment. Few hours later I called my ISP to check my IP and Broadband. They said it was no problem with it. So I tried to download something with uTorrent. From 0 sec to 2 Mins my speed was 7.5Mbps - Suddenly my screen froze and the Download speed dropped to 100kps and never go up. I opened the Task Manager and saw 3 COM Surrogate Procceses and googled it. My dllhost.exe Size is over 10MB . In both folders. And i have one more which is called dll3ost or something like that. Please just help me get rid of this malware.... Thank you very much. Below is the FRST.

Later Edit: Now I have in the action center 1 problem." Turn on Virus Protection" (Important) When I Click it to turn it on , it just sends me to System32 Folder.
I forgot to mention that I am using HP Pavilion G6 - 2305SQ Notebook.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    38.5 KB · Views: 268
  • Addition.txt
    47.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Please download zoek.zip or zoek.rar by smeenk (
Zoek_icon.png
) from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
Unpack the archive...
  • Close any open browsers
  • Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program. (If necessary)
    If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.
  • Double click on zoek.exe to run the tool .
    Please wait while the tool does not start...
  • Copy the text present inside the code box below and paste it into the large window in the zoek tool:
    NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Code:
    createsrpoint;
    emptyfolderscheck;delete
    autoclean;
    emptyclsid;
    emptyalltemp;
    ipconfig /flushdns;b
  • Click on
    Run%20Script%20by%20zoek.png
    button.
    Please wait until a logreport will open (this can be after reboot)
  • Save notepad to your Desktop and attach here zoek-results.log
    Note: It will also create a log in the C:\ directory named "zoek-results.log"

prowld

Thread author
May 26, 2014
Here is the Result log.
Yesterday I forgot to mention that I tried to reinstall windows before I came here. In BIOS i had Legacy and CD ROOM boot both Enabled but it didn't let me to Boot From CD( It wasn't showing this option - Only HardDrive and EFI Boot). What do you think?

Attachments

• zoek-results.log
    6.6 KB · Views: 372

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
For future protection I can recommend you:
- Adblock --> https://adblockplus.org/en/chrome
- Unchecky --> http://unchecky.com/

The following will implement some post-cleanup procedures:

=> Please download DelFix by Xplode to your Desktop.

Run the tool and check the following boxes below;
checkmark.png
Remove disinfection tools
checkmark.png
Create registry backup
checkmark.png
Purge System Restore

Click Run button and wait a few seconds for the programme completes his work.
At this point all the tools we used here should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)

The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

Sep 2, 2014
I can't seem to download anything. I can't open chrome or internet explorer but I can open safari. However, when I try to download the file, COM surrogate stops me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.