Advice Request Comments on Authy

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

generalwu

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
Hi All,

Was just surfing around and happened to chance upon this.

Anyone here is using them? And if so how is the services they provide?

Many thanks.

P.S. Apologise if this is the wrong place to post this. :p

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I simply use Authy on my phone to store all 2 factor authentication codes. These codes can be protected using a master password so not just anyone can see them. There is also an "app" using Chromium browsers such as Google Chrome, Slimjet, etc where you can use it on your computer on any OS that uses such browsers (basically Windows, Linux, and Mac)

For phones, it supports Android and iOS. I've never had a problem with it and neither does any family members of mine that use it. I have about 6 codes on it so comes in handy instead of using text/call to get a code.

Since we're on the subject, you may not know but MalwareTips supports 2 step verification via app or email. Works great with Authy.

If I'm not mistaken, Google Authenticator (Android) and Microsoft Authenticator (Windows Phone) can do basically the same thing. Been awhile since I used them so not 100% on that. Being that Authy is not on Windows Phone, you'd have to use something else. Neither will work on a PC and I don't believe either have a master password to protect your codes from prying eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.