Comodo 5.12 on windows 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

Thread author
I am sure I am going to open a can of worms here but here goes:

According to this, avast help forum suggests running avast av with Comodo firewall version 5.12 on windows 7 to "fix" the bug/issue caused by webshield vs comodo firewall (no word or work around versus windows 7 firewall).

Could someone shed some light exactly what would 5.12 have over 5.10 on a windows 7 machine?

Just trying to fully understand.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
v5.12 is just v5.10 optimized for Win8 system nothing else is added, and released after the avast conflict was due to the way comodo's firewall interact with the web filter of avast.

if avast recommend v5.12 is maybe because Win8 and avast have a common point in the way they operate through comodo.

it is just my opinion.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If that's the latest build and what is served though Comodo server, I don't see why not to use Comodo 5.12 on Windows 7.

Chiron

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
From what I understand, the only major improvement that version 5.12 has over 5.10 (at least for a Windows 7 machine) is that it will no longer conflict with Avast in terms of its webshield.

I believe that the main reason that Comodo pushed the update to systems other than Windows 8 is because Windows 8 was officially released. Thus it was simpler to just have everyone using the same version.

P

Plexx

Thread author
Thanks guys. So in a nutshell if we exclude avast compatibility, running 5.10 or 5.12 has no effect whatsoever correct?

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Biozfear said:
Thanks guys. So in a nutshell if we exclude avast compatibility, running 5.10 or 5.12 has no effect whatsoever correct?

On Windows 7, that is correct. If you use Windows 8, you'll want 5.12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.