Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Version 8.4.0.5068

What’s new
  • "File Downloaders" file group has been extended with popular cloud clients such as GoogleDrive, OneDrive, DropBox, etc.
  • Website Filtering browser signatures have become updatable

Improved
  • Yahoo! installation offer is not shown during CIS/CAV paid packages' updates anymore
  • 'Browser Protection' feature is enabled by default upon clean install
    Fixed
  • Google Chrome and Internet Explorer crash upon closing when run in Sandbox

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
When updating from a previous version you'll see a "Change Home Page to Yahoo" thingy. If you choose not to do so just uncheck the box and hit skip.

If anyone is interested I found the new build to be a bit sluggish in resetting the sandbox, But on the other hand I was probably a bit aggressive in testing it. Other than that I didn't notice anything earthshaking in this build, so far at least.

(I was able to crash Windows necessitating a Hard Reset, but was unable to reproduce it).

Reactions: Overkill and Circe
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.