Comodo ADS

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I use FreeFileSync to mirror my data partition on system to external HD.

FFS use "File Time & Size" to compare data partition & ext HD & lists the files/folders present in source & not in destination & then you can sync those files/folders in the destination.

I want to know if ADS in CIS will affect the comparison of files/folders by FFS in any way?

vivid

Level 5
Verified
Dec 8, 2014
ADS in CIS will affect the comparison of files/folders
If the comparison process relies on the modified date property then yes. As the new data stream gets created, the last modified date is updated. That's the side effect.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I dont know what it relies on?
Guess when I will sync again then I will know.

Anyone with Comodo & FreeFileSync?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
I dont know what it relies on?
Guess when I will sync again then I will know.

Anyone with Comodo & FreeFileSync?

@yesnoo

You can use PhrozenSoft's "Phrozen ADS Revealer" to determine which files have ADS. Knowing these infos will help you to monitor CIS behavior(s) when it processes those files with ADS...

https://www.phrozensoft.com/freeware

This next part is unrelated to your OP here, but instead addresses something you posted on another thread about Unrecognized files and the CIS sandbox...

You can use SysInternal's SigCheck to verify a file's digital certificate. With these infos you can monitor and determine if CIS' File Rating system is mis-behaving on your system. In other words, a digitally signed file from a Trusted Vendor should generate no alerts whereas one that is digitally signed or unsigned from an Unknown vendor should be sandboxed.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897441.aspx

I'm forever messing about with SigCheck to verify if CIS' File Rating system is working correctly... sometimes it doesn't - you will see what I mean if you so choose to use SigCheck.

Best Regards,

HJLBX

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I use FFS and Comodo; FFS works the same as prior to installing Comodo--I didn't get mass changes or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.