Advice Request Comodo broke my internet?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advanced_skill

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 11, 2014
I installed CIS premium. After unblocking some sandboxed processes, I got a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen. Subsequently, I get this same BSOD every time I boot my computer.

I tried to uninstall CIS, except during the first few attempts, my system crashed during the installation. Finally, the installer succeeded, but none of the CIS files were actually removed. I had to manually delete some program files, driver files, services and autorun entries, and registry entries. I tried system restore, but it gave me the error 0x80070005, advising me to uninstall my antivirus first.

Now, my network drivers are broken. My ethernet "doesn't have a valid IP configuration." Ethernet is connected to "unidentified network" with no internet. Wifi doesn't work either: connected, but no internet. Uninstalling the network drivers did not help. Troubleshooter couldn't fix it. Honestly, nothing works anymore.

Any suggestions?

D

Deleted member 2913

From network adapter, remove Comodo driver...

Try to run installer again, it may give an option to uninstall already installed Comodo...

advanced_skill

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 11, 2014
1- Disable network adapter, re-enable it.

If still not good

2- Uninstall (but not remove it) network driver in device manager, reinstall it .

Unfortunately, it didn't work:
Uninstalling the network drivers did not help.

From network adapter, remove Comodo driver...

Try to run installer again, it may give an option to uninstall already installed Comodo...

I forgot to mention this, but I already removed the Comodo firewall driver from my network adapters (is that what you meant?)
Also, CIS installers require internet nowadays. But I'll see.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
I installed CIS premium. After unblocking some sandboxed processes, I got a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen. Subsequently, I get this same BSOD every time I boot my computer.

I tried to uninstall CIS, except during the first few attempts, my system crashed during the installation. Finally, the installer succeeded, but none of the CIS files were actually removed. I had to manually delete some program files, driver files, services and autorun entries, and registry entries. I tried system restore, but it gave me the error 0x80070005, advising me to uninstall my antivirus first.

Now, my network drivers are broken. My ethernet "doesn't have a valid IP configuration." Ethernet is connected to "unidentified network" with no internet. Wifi doesn't work either: connected, but no internet. Uninstalling the network drivers did not help. Troubleshooter couldn't fix it. Honestly, nothing works anymore.

Any suggestions?
Had this too with norton, isnt there a uninstal tool for Comodo?

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
Uninstall network driver. Run CMD from an elevated prompt. Try reinstalling the ip4 Network stack (netsh int IP reset). Reset winsock (netsh winsock reset) then restart the computer. Reinstall network driver. See if that helps. If you were forced to manually remove files, more than likely some things were left behind somewhere. Try running CCleaner and it's registry cleaner to try to get rid of any leftover CIS keys along with its system cleaner. Check every possible folder (programdata, program files, program files (x86), user\username\appdata folders, user\username\temp). Then try restore point again (try using the oldest one if necessary). Try reinstalling CIS and uninstalling and maybe it will do a clean uninstall this time. Then try system restore again. There are countless things that could have been corrupted. If all else fails, you may just have to bite the bullet and restore from backup. I usually do a system image backup every 2-3 months or so (backup data\ restore previous image\update all bare minimum apps along with windows updates\make new system image backup\reinstall remaining apps\restore data). Typically doesn't take more than an hour.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoboMan

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
You boot normally I guess, how about Safe Mode?

mostafa96

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Nov 2, 2015
try install comodo again and remove it using Revo Uninstaller if it didt help try to uninstall ur network driver and use Driver Easy to install it again

Reactions: shmu26

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Did you have any other Security software during installing Comodo? And what Security did you use before Comodo?

Hector1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 4, 2015
With Comodo it's even better do a clean install, if yoy have a backup in 20 min all is right ;)

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hi, i experienced something like this reciently but not regarding to Comodo. I suggest you verify on the IPv4 configuration that it's set up on "automatic" and that you try Google's DNS. Use a Linux LiveCD to check if it works, just in case ethernet card died (trust me, even with the fact it happened just when uninstalled Comodo, it's possible). Else, just format and stay away from Comodo. I remember once when i installed CFW they offered me to install Comodo DNS or something like that, and when i uninstalled the product this DNS killed my internet and i had literally to format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.