Status
Not open for further replies.

Prayag

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
After playing with the settings of comodo firewall for a short time,i have encountered something weird.
During a period of 2-3 days of having it installed,I have tweaked it a lot many times and in such a short period,it eventually got wasted.
Its HIPS component couldn't block anything now but the firewall worked fine.
Further,changing the configuration didn't ask for a reboot for minutes and after a manual reboot,the configuration did change but the protection did not.
I have experienced this problem twice,first in version 6223 and now also in 6246.
Is it a bug or something else?
Does anyone else here also notices that?

Reactions: kiric96 and AtlBo

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I haven't noticed it because I already disabled HIPS , as I am using CS's config. Average users like me can't handle HIPS warnings (better to turn it off as they are too overwhelming), they are more useful for highly experienced users such as @Umbra , maybe he can tell us more.

Reactions: AtlBo
D

Deleted member 178

During a period of 2-3 days of having it installed,I have tweaked it a lot many times and in such a short period,it eventually got wasted.
Its HIPS component couldn't block anything now but the firewall worked fine.
Further,changing the configuration didn't ask for a reboot for minutes and after a manual reboot,the configuration did change but the protection did not.
I have experienced this problem twice,first in version 6223 and now also in 6246.
Is it a bug or something else?
Does anyone else here also notices that?
Comodo's 10+ years old "disappearing rules" bug...reason why i ditched Comodo.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
yeah,but when i have changed it to paranoid mode,even then,it provided only some and not the full power of HIPS.

Could this be due to previously existing HIPs rules? I don't think changing the profile would eliminate existing rules. Maybe if you get rid of your existing application rules and then go to Paranoic it will perform as expected?

Prayag

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
What do you mean "some dan not the full power"? Can you explain that?
I wanted to say that some of the objects that were monitored weren't protected.
For instance,while all the recommended settings were enabled,the keylogger was detected while registry keys and startup folder were not protected.

Reactions: AtlBo

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I wanted to say that some of the objects that were monitored weren't protected.
For instance,while all the recommended settings were enabled,the keylogger was detected while registry keys and startup folder were not protected.
Are you testing malware on your main pc without VM, it's not a good idea. Your config does not reflect that you are doing any malware testing.

Reactions: AtlBo and darko999

Prayag

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
Are you testing malware on your main pc without VM, it's not a good idea. Your config does not reflect that you are doing any malware testing.
The test done here is a simulator and not a real malware test.

Actually, i use malware simulators first.
After that only, i would introduce the real malwares to the security solution to be tested.
I use reboot restore rx for that purpose.
It could protect MBR as well as all the system partitions.
But i don't think i need a vm or a special environment for simulators.
Thanks.
This is all I have to say.
I think you'll be satisfied by now.

Reactions: AtlBo and darko999

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
I have been using it for weeks and 0 issues so far. Sounds like you have some radical issue. I test it everyday and everyday it is working.

Reactions: brambedkar59

Prayag

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
I have been using it for weeks and 0 issues so far. Sounds like you have some radical issue. I test it everyday and everyday it is working.
Now i have reinstalled it.
It is so good to test it that i can't resist not installing it for long.

Prayag

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
You still exprecience this bug for now?
Can't say.According to my experience,thos bug only strikes when settings are made to change frequently.
As i have decided my final settings earlier,now i have change its settings only once.
So far so good.

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
well in my own experience comodo starts to behave badly from time to time, i installed comodo FW some time ago in 2 pcs, after a month of use i found several problems, like sandbox not isolating unknown programs, HIPS not working, lost of signatures and many other.

The reinstall of the program could be the only solution to the problems :(

Prayag

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 27, 2017
well in my own experience comodo starts to behave badly from time to time, i installed comodo FW some time ago in 2 pcs, after a month of use i found several problems, like sandbox not isolating unknown programs, HIPS not working, lost of signatures and many other.

The reinstall of the program could be the only solution to the problems :(
yeah,i know.
Comodo shows its true colors as the time passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.