Comodo Chromodo 42.1.2.90 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yigido

Thread author
Source : https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...r-download-t111181.0.html;msg807830#msg807830

Hi All,

Comodo Chromodo 42.1.2.90 is now available for download from the following link:

http://download.comodo.com/browser/update/chromodo/chromodo/Chromodo42Setup.exe

Thank you for your all feed-backs for COMODO Browsers. We really appreciate all of your contributions to provide you a great browser.

I would like to also inform you about our new product line for faster browser releases for both Chromodo and Dragon. COMODO Dragon Browser will be released very soon.

(The release plan: first week of June)

Please keep the feedback coming, positive and negative.

Enjoy,

Alp Eren,

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I forget, what's the difference between Dragon and Chromodo?

Chrome and Chromium use the same web engine.

Reactions: Kent
Y

yigido

Thread author
I forget, what's the difference between Dragon and Chromodo? Chrome and Chromium use the same web engine.
I realize no difference. Just the browser icons are different. Same core, same features, same company but different icon.
I just think that Comodo waste their money and time on these 2 same browsers for a different icon :)

Reactions: silversurfer
H

hjlbx

Thread author
I don't bother with any of Comodo's browsers... they're nothing but a waste of Comodo developer time and effort... there are much more important issues - like fixing CIS bugs\functionality - than to be messing about with browsers that offer no real security benefit over any other browser.

Comodo has never been the model of efficiency...

Just my opinion...

Reactions: OokamiCreed

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Icons are different and no real difference in look as @yigido said. You can see better/smoother looking font in Chromodo. Probably because it's using a much much newer build of Chromium. Think Dragon is using version 36. Don't care enough to check.

2luw1dt.png

161ex78.png

Dragon used to look quite a bit different but I guess they changed it. They added something called "AdSanitizer" which filter good/bad ads. Think it can be configured to block all of them. I'm not sure if Dragon has it. I ran these in Sandboxie so really didn't care about the details. Better off using Opera, Slimjet, Chrome, Chromium or Vivaldi instead. That PrivDog crap really turned my opinion against them. I only give people one chance when it comes to security.

Reactions: silversurfer
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
In previous version, there was an option "clear on exit" with options to select like history, passwords, etc...
I liked that option & therefore was using it. This option is not available in Chrome.
But in this new version that option is not there.

With Chrome nowadays I get QUIC protocol error quite often during browsing. I have to disable it.
With Chromodo latest I dont get the above error.

On Chromodo browser there appears a lock icon on the right top address bar. Guess it has some good purpose.
This is not in Chrome I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

yigido

Thread author
In previous version, there was an option "clear on exit" with options to select like history, passwords, etc... I liked that option & therefore was using it. This option is not available in Chrome. But in this new version that option is not there. With Chrome nowadays I get QUIC protocol error quite often during browsing. I have to disable it. With Chromodo latest I dont get the above error. On Chromodo browser there appears a lock icon on the right top address bar. Guess it has some good purpose. This is not in Chrome I guess.
There is some advantages yes. adn Chrome takes much more place on my drive. approx. 300-350 MB. But Chromodo takes 70-80MB.
I do not know why there is such a difference.

Reactions: Kent
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
There is some advantages yes. adn Chrome takes much more place on my drive. approx. 300-350 MB. But Chromodo takes 70-80MB.
I do not know why there is such a difference.
Comodo Dev mentioned "clear on exit" will return on next update or soon.

About the drive space dont know but guess Chrome keeps 2 versions i.e previous & latest version both & Chromodo keeps only latest version.

Reactions: Ink

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Just not true. Its a complete diverent team for the browser and the security suit. one team have nothing todo with the other team.

I said Comodo, as a company are getting too diverse on releasing crap software instead of focusing on primary security.

They already have Dragon, IceDragon and now Chromodo. What's next? Comodo-versions of Opera, Maxthon and Sleipnir. Users don't need this.

Edit: How can they create trust online, when they are copying and bundling their spyware and upselling their products as better alternatives. PrivDog is already bundled with Dragon.

Y

yigido

Thread author
I said Comodo, as a company are getting too diverse on releasing crap software instead of focusing on primary security.

They already have Dragon, IceDragon and now Chromodo. What's next? Comodo-versions of Opera, Maxthon and Sleipnir. Users don't need this.

Edit: How can they create trust online, when they are copying and bundling their spyware and upselling their products as better alternatives. PrivDog is already bundled with Dragon.
I totally agreed you my friend. They won their money from certificates and now they spend this money on useless softwares.
There can be seperate teams for every software that Comodo has. But those people can work on CIS.. one of the largest employee army that Comodo has. So we can expect a excellent software. But they decided this way, lets wait and see where they will give up.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
@Umbra They are churning out more Cromodap instead of focusing on their Security Suite.

Yes and at every releases they don't have enough people to fix the legendary 300 bugs :D

They waste resources on useless stuff, they had phantasmagorical projects that never born, and their main suite is always growing with features that took month of fixes to be usable safely.

i was a big fan at v3 to 5 , v6 killed my love.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The thing problem here is that Comodo is based more on security and browsers like this are totally a little bit pale.

If they will do like Cyberfox counterpart then much better however chances are is probably 0.0001% will happen? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.