Votes: 7 18.9%
  • 1 - Poor

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • 0 - Very Poor

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Product name
COMODO Cleaning Essentials (Without Comodo Killswitch)
Pros
  • - Portable program
    - Simple cleaning and scanning
    - On-demand scanner (compatible)
CONS
- Requires restart for signature update
- Increasingly poor detection
- Better alternatives
- Rootkit and other powerful malware can't be removed effectively
BOTTOM LINE
Increasingly poor detection and better options...
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Very Good

I use only KillSwitch, QuickRepair & AutoRun Analyzer. Very good to quickly know any infection, system changes, etc...

Reactions: Solarlynx
N

Noxx

Thread author
It worked great in removing COMODO when it was otherwise a nightmare to uninstall, so that alone gives it 3 stars for me.

Reactions: frogboy
H

hjlbx

Thread author
CCE is good, basic scanner - it includes detection of hidden processes, rootkits, MBR modifications. I think it's capabilities in these areas are probably basic, so it isn't anything special. It is a (3) = Good.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The development process for CCE is still in mediocre even though they have potential good on analysis. Likely its been overpowered to improve a lot of features from different products of Comodo.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.