Comodo Cleaning Essentials v10.0.x released

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Comodo Cleanning Essentials V10.0.0.6111 is released ! - News / Announcements / Feedback - CCE

Here we are happy to announce that Comodo Cleaning Essentials V10.0 new version is now released !

It has been a long time since CCE product has not been released with significant new features .From now on we will keep improving Comodo Cleanning Essentials with constant updates according to your feedbacks and comments.

Please keep providing your feedbacks for us to serve you the best!

Note: Users with previous versions installed will receive an update with this release.

Thank you very much to you all in advance and we will keep improving.

What's new in V10.0.0.6111 ?

NEW:

• Command line parameter to randomize CCE window names
• Command line parameter to suppress reboot during scan
• Option to log threat and unknown files in KillSwitch
• Option to hide Microsoft signed files in KillSwitch
• Set I/O priority in KillSwitch

Download Location

Comodo Cleaning Essentials V10.0.0.6111

URLx32=http://download.comodo.com/cce/download/setups/cce_public_x86.zip
URLx64=http://download.comodo.com/cce/download/setups/cce_public_x64.zip

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Ahhh Comodo. Releasing useless crap for many years.

I remember using this 8 years ago when Windows 7 first came out. It deleted svchost.exe & runddl.exe and then BSOD. Not good.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Complete crap, Comodo needs to realize it's a failed product and close it down. Melih never listens to users (they pay their wages and keep it going, without them you have nothing) the concepts are good, but implementation is complete failure. Redesign the product, get rid of these terrible bugs, listen to users and go from there.

Reactions: nikos200

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Complete crap, Comodo needs to realize it's a failed product and close it down.
CCE is based on Process Hacker if I'm not mistaken, so you are saying for COMODO to scrap the PH-base and develop their own version - which will cost development time and funding?

I am more interested in how you came to that conclusion in a short amount of time from program release. What tests did you conduct?

vivid

Level 5
Verified
Dec 8, 2014
It's called "trolling". I think. :p
By the way, I noticed that announcement topic (from source) changed a bit. It seems like they were indeed following user feedback.
Thanks again for sharing info.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
I like comodo firewall (When its working correctly) but i also had a bad experience with its old CCE program but i'll give the new version a go should i need it.
Also we are all entitled to our own opinion!

Reactions: vivid and Tony Cole
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
CCE is an excellent tool from Comodo house especially KillSwitch, Quick Repair & AutoRun Analyzer...I use these first to check system...quicky you get active malware/unknown on the system, system critical features disabled, malware/unknown entries...I dont use CCE i.e scan.

Reactions: vivid and Morphius

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I believe CCE is intended for removing or monitoring stubborn malware, that Comodo Antivirus is unable to fix. Not for general use.
Yeah I agree Spawn, but you and I both know that's not how they
are going to market this. ;)

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
True. Scanner is not extremaly effective, but included tools (Killswitch, Autorun analyzer) are together more powerful than many other cleaning solutions.
Yes, if scanner was effective would be good And you can hold "Shift" & click CCE scan...CCE will kill malware & unknown processes & start scan...hope I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.