Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.1 Hotfix is Released!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

During my own test, CCAV does in fact keep the system clean but some of those ransomware .txt and .jpg files are in some directories.
This shouldn't happen. It means sandbox bug.
As hjlbx mentioned its bad...

H

hjlbx

Yes but for what I'm using it for (not malicious or potentially malicious software) it's plenty good enough. I wouldn't trust system security to a sandbox. I have Shadow Defender and VM for that.

If you run your browser inside CCAV sandbox, and come across an unknown exploit or malicious website, then CCAV might allow your system to be compromised.

H

hjlbx

Yes but for what I'm using it for (not malicious or potentially malicious software) it's plenty good enough. I wouldn't trust system security to a sandbox. I have Shadow Defender and VM for that.

Shadow Defender isn't bullet-proof. If you come up against malware that infected BIOS, graphics memory, firmware then it will not protect system.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Bug or exploit (whatever one would consider it), it is something that should be fixed soon but probably won't. As for what I use the sandbox for, it's not for security related purposes. That is what I meant when I said "I wouldn't trust system security to a sandbox".

For Shadow Defender, it to is not used for direct security, it is instead run during my VM tests as a fail safe measure. Nothing is bullet proof (I understand this... since long ago and have said this a multitude of times on MT) and this is why many use layered security (typically a threat is block by at least one of these layers but anything can happen). I also understand that network threats are still a problem even with a Shadow Defender/VM combo even with NAT.

Anyone is more than welcome to post on my security config, profile post, or PM for thing kind of thing. Simply came by to report any problems/complications with CCAV... No need to go off topic.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

See this Link for this

Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.1.387596.183B Hotfix is Released! - News / Announcements / Feedback - CCAV

BuketB has posted some infos about the new Version it will be released into the next week

Hello Friends !

I'm very excited to inform you that we are currently working with the team on Comodo Cloud AV with full Valkyrie integration and with new features / fixes and improvements ; which wil be released by the end of next week, keep waiting for it !

We believe that, this product is all you need to be protected from all known and most importantly"Unknown" threats. We dont let any Unknown File live in your computer without your knowledge! We will protect you from everything that is unknown or known.

Keeping in mind; Comodo Cloud AV will be a free solution that will give you the huge opporunity to be protected under the strong Valkyrie analysis shield. You will have a total protection with Default Deny system and Valkyrie .

You have Comodo Cloud Antivirus to protect you for free, once you install the new version , you will again understand and feel how smart you are

Keep waiting! It s coming!

Kind Regards
Buket

CCAV will be compatible with CIS 10 new version, we also aim to release the new version of CIS soon. I will inform you further about this.

Kind Regards
Buket

With best Regards
Mops21

H

hjlbx

CCAV is a mess and only a distraction from fixing all the bugs in CIS.

As it stands, CCAV alone will not protect your system; I have seen malware smash the CCAV User Mode sandbox, completely disable the CCAV service and then run unrestricted.

Just like with CIS, the best option is to set the sandbox to "Block" any Unrecognized files. But the problem with that is that COMODO's safe file database doesn't include a lot of Windows OS files or OEM drivers... LOL = same COMODO BS...

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Exactly!
Keeps getting more stupid, to launch a Cloud AV that cannot connect to its own cloud???

/W

H

hjlbx

In my experience COMODO never completely fixes their products - even when many users report the same serious bugs over and over and over.

At the very best, CCAV won't really be "stable" for another year or two...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
CCAV can be link to something Anti-exe where in the sense you need to configure it correctly, especially that the default will definitely ineffective. *

I'm not saying CCAV is an anti-exe product but rather explain by matching the similarities of concept where tweaks is important to make the protection guaranteed as maximum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.