Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Hi All,
Thank you very much for all the feedback in last Beta v523.

Here are the changes:

Fixes:
1. Crash reported here is fixed.

Changes:
2. You will find following additional folders added to default list in addition to MyDocuments as have been suggested:
/pictures/
/videos/
/savedgames/
/onedrive/
/favorites/

Text changes as suggested here are included.

Known Issues:
4. As reported here, at the moment support for external drives is not there, so sandboxed apps will still be able to see external drive. We will consider adding support in next sprint.

Carrying changes from Beta - v523:

1) Protected Files / Folders:
"Settings-->Sandbox->Protected Data" has now been renamed as "Settings-->Sandbox->Protected Files/Folders".
It means following:
- Like before, you can define folder which can't be modified, now contents inside those folders will be invisible to Sandbox apps. So neither read nor write is allowed.
- You can define any file path and it won't be visible to Sandboxed applications
- As default you will find following entry in there:
Code: v505, we introduced crash reporting. It has been of great help and allowed us to receive reports beyond forums community. Many crashes have been fixed and this is a much-stable version. Our objective is to ensure that we create a product that works for all and is rock-solid. We will continue to fix issues as received from users.

Changes:
5) Advanced Protection
Now "Settings-->Browser Settings Protection" has been renamed as "Settings-->Advanced Protection" and it's settings moved as sub section "Browser Settings Protection", allowing to add more sub sections in there.

6) Clearing Recently Used Virtual Apps
Earlier if you used 'Run Virtual' option, you could have executed apps list always there. Now you can clear up. There is a trash icon in there.

Setup Details:
BETA - Warning:
Following setup is a BETA setup and it is not recommended to test on production machine and it is intended only for beta testers.
So please try at your own risk.

URL: http://download.comodo.com/ccav/installers/beta/ccav_installer_beta_v528.exe
Size: 8.94 MB (9,379,016 bytes)
MD5: 61DF4BF9AFF8497718949BEAF63EE3B6
SHA-1: 4C3C9282B965EFB85F2FFA95F1B5E9352FBA3FE0

We would like to hear on following if you see any usability issues due to following two features introduction in this release:
A - Due to introduction of not allowing Sandboxed applications to access folders added by default.
B - Not allowing sandboxed applications clipboard data to outside Sandbox

It has been a great feedback, highly appreciated. If all looks good, we will release it this week.

Please share your feedback further.

Thank you
-umesh

With best Regards
Mops21

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
Have this in a VM currently right now. The UI is simply gorgeous, installation was a breeze, it even integrated seamlessly into the Windows Defender Security Center. Only had one application in my Lab during installation be flagged by the auto-sandbox. I'm just getting started digging in with it, but I can say, I'm impressed with some improvements since the last time I have tested it, and that has been some months ago.

Have this in a VM currently right now. The UI is simply gorgeous, installation was a breeze, it even integrated seamlessly into the Windows Defender Security Center. Only had one application in my Lab during installation be flagged by the auto-sandbox. I'm just getting started digging in with it, but I can say, I'm impressed with some improvements since the last time I have tested it, and that has been some months ago.

It certainly is a different creature than it was months ago. Anyone that knows that for me to make such a statement, there has to be significant improvements. If all the usability kinks have been ironed-out, now testers can turn to validating the sandbox via pen-testing.

It certainly is a different creature than it was months ago. Anyone that knows that for me to make such a statement, there has to be significant improvements. If all the usability kinks have been ironed-out, now testers can turn to validating the sandbox via pen-testing.

Oops - spoke too soon. Microsoft Excel or Word and some PDF readers do not load and run properly in the sandbox. Someone needs to submit bug reports.

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
Oops - spoke too soon. Microsoft Excel or Word and some PDF readers do not load and run properly in the sandbox. Someone needs to submit bug reports.
Spoke too soon myself. It is definitely polished from the last time I tested it, but upon digging deeper as you have as well, I found it is right about where it was last time I tested it.

I ran a pack of 30 samples through it, 1 of which it detected statically. No sign of Valkyrie in play other then one file it was "still" analyzing ,which was one of my lab tools. I parked it at that point, they have much work to do still.

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.