Comodo Cloud Antivirus - v1.14.432369.594 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Raka Daku

Thread author
Comodo Cloud Antivirus - v1.14.432369.594 - News / Announcements / Feedback - CCAV

Hi All,
We are pleased to announce release of Comodo Cloud Antivirus v1.14.432369.594.
Thank you to all who participated in BETA testing.

Here is change list:

New:
Fileless Malware Support:
Like CIS, now CCAV also has support for file less malware. You can find related settings under "Settings-->Advanced Protection-->Miscellaneous" as "Do heuristic command line analysis...".

Password Protection:
Now you have password protection feature available and can be accessed via "Settings --> General Settings --> User Interface".

Enhanced Virus Scope:
In this version, CCAV will be providing base support for additional events allowing VirusScope modules to detect more complex malware.

System-restart reminder upon update:
Many users update CCAV but do not re-start system and thus remains unprotected. We have introduced a reminder alert in case user does not re-start system upon update.

Emergency update:
Like CIS, we have introduced emergency update in this CCAV version. If existing "Settings --> General Settings --> Updates --> Automatically install program updates..." option is selected and if there is serious incompatibility in latest Windows, CCAV will be auto updated to latest version to avoid any bad user experience. You will see alert in post update scenario. This feature will be used only in critical situations.

Setup Details:
URL: https://download.comodo.com/ccav/installers/ccav_installer.exe
Size: 9.37 MB (9,830,000 bytes)
MD5: 8d1060120b4fc20e7b00aff2028694c3
SHA-1: ca0056a71902fe83306459d957c2ec967bec9f12

We will be releasing updates to older versions in next days, in the mean time if you want to update from last production version to this version, you can do so by having following entries in Windows host file(C:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts)
Code: [Select]
91.209.196.83 download.comodo.com
91.209.196.83 www.download.comodo.com
and then run Manual Updater from interface.

Please give it a try and share your feedback.

Thanks
-umesh

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I see that CCAV is really coming along.
In the past, people complained about using too much system resources, I think the problem was CPU usage -- has that issue been resolved?

klaken

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
I do not consume almost anything of cpu .. in fact it is the lightest av that I have tried.
every pc is a world.

PS: also came a new version of CIS ... Which corrects many problems that complained users with the previous.

Reactions: bribon77 and shmu26
F

ForgottenSeer 67480

Thread author
Same here, this COMODO is not stable yet, for me: He is still in Alpha or BETA version because of broken valkyrie engine and scanning files. This antivirus needs really good developer to fix him and his problems with functions, stability and performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.