Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Comodo Cloud Antivirus v1.9.410568.452 Released

Comodo Cloud Antivirus v1.9.410568.452 Released - News / Announcements / Feedback - CCAV

Hi All,
We are happy to announce release of CCAV v1.9.410568.452.

Setup URL: https://download.comodo.com/ccav/installers/web/ccav_installer.exe
SHA-1: 71bba102439aff04ff3d058ceb5099b6fb3d8216

Thank you all, who participated in beta version of CCAV announced below:
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-ccav/comodo-cloud-antivirus-beta-v19409924440-t118182.0.html

As part of Beta version feedback, following issues are fixed in this production release:
B1 - Changed "Luck you" icon, scan icon is changed as well.
B2 - At times scan progress could cross 100%
B3 - Right click Valkyrie submission ended up in error
B4 - High CPU when scanning "decompression bombs" archives
B5 - Removed "swiping animations" from Settings window

Not fixed and will be fixed in next release:
- If you change Sandbox settings to "Ask for untrusted applications" and a malware quarantined, you could still see Sandbox alert.

And carrying from beta announcement, following are changes since last release:

Improved:
- Now there is a sea difference in scanning speed. You should be able to complete scan within reasonable time. We have made changes in protocol used by client and there are server side enhancements as well. We are still upgrading server but you can experience much much better performance now.

New:
- There is new GUI with two additional themes as decided via poll earlier: https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-ccav/final-round-let-s-vote-ccav-2017-user-interface-desing-options-t116944.0.html;viewresults

- After installation upon completion of Quick scan, you will be prompted to re-start system with option to postpone re-start for certain hours. Re-start of system ensures that CCAV also protects against unknown scripts, which otherwise won't be sandboxed.

Fixes:
- Files with install/setup keyword in path could be uploaded to Comodo even though they were safe.

- Some of temporary files were left out during installation under "Roaming" folder won't be are any longer.

Other changes:
- Quick scan is now default scan after immediate installation. Quick scan scans all files that could be launched on system startup and thus helps detect any active malware and at the same time helps build the cache, so next time when applications are started, results are in cache.

- When CCAV is updated, scan won't auto start upon update like has been the case. We already have 30 day scheduled scan and auto scan upon update has been unnecessary.

- "Sandbox" logs label is changed to "Executed Applications": When you access logs via "View Logs" section, earlier we had Sandbox section but within that we also had trusted installer entries differentiated by Type column, this was misleading as there were safe application entries as trusted installer mis intepreted if they ran in Sandbox.

Comodo.com is being updated and will soon have this new version available while updates to existing users will start next week.

We have started working on next release of CCAV, where we are focusing on performance improvements solely and will come back with round of Beta testing for that version. So stay tuned.

As always, please keep your feedback coming and we are committed to make CCAV future of client side security with it's light weight, direct valkyrie integration and default deny architecture.

Thanks
-umesh

With best Regards
Mops21

D

Deleted member 2913

That's a plethora of changes. Thanks for the share @Mops21.
Hopefully the Valkyrie analysis is also corrected and it won't take forever to get results. @Yash Khan time to get our hands dirty :D
I already did...:D

My post on Comodo forums -

"Win 10 64 Pro
CCAV Fresh Install

Ok, tested this version And seems like previous beta version & new probs...

1. High disk usage i.e all the time between 30-60% And at times 99-100%
2. Long boot time
3. Slow programs, system response, etc
Some programs take quite long, for ex - VidCoder portable from vidcoder.net (program first run)
Some programs takes quite long And you see "program not responding" on the program window for few secs, for ex - Avidemux portable from portableapps.com (program first run)
4. Some programs, if installed in sandbox & you cancel installation midway, you cannot close the window And have to go into the GUI to flush sandbox, for ex - AppFalcon from ormankuza.com, TeraCopy3 from codesector.com

New probs -
Programs installed in sandbox, if create desktop shortcut during install is selected, shortcut appears on desktop as "Virtual-ProgramName". Even after sandbox flush, shortcut remains on desktop. If you click shortcut, program opens in sandbox.
If you try to install same program in sandbox again, you get program has been already installed, do you want to replace? or the folder already exist, do you want to install in the same folder? for ex - DriverTalent from ostoto.com, TeraCopy3 or any program."

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I already did...:D

My post on Comodo forums -

"Windows 10 64 Pro
CCAV Fresh Install

Ok, tested this version And seems like previous beta version & new probs...

1. High disk usage i.e all the time between 30-60% And at times 99-100%
2. Long boot time
3. Slow programs, system response, etc
Some programs take quite long, for ex - VidCoder portable from vidcoder.net (program first run)
Some programs takes quite long And you see "program not responding" on the program window for few secs, for ex - Avidemux portable from portableapps.com (program first run)
4. Some programs, if installed in sandbox & you cancel installation midway, you cannot close the window And have to go into the GUI to flush sandbox, for ex - AppFalcon from ormankuza.com, TeraCopy3 from codesector.com

New probs -
Programs installed in sandbox, if create desktop shortcut during install is selected, shortcut appears on desktop as "Virtual-ProgramName". Even after sandbox flush, shortcut remains on desktop. If you click shortcut, program opens in sandbox.
If you try to install same program in sandbox again, you get program has been already installed, do you want to replace? or the folder already exist, do you want to install in the same folder? for ex - DriverTalent from ostoto.com, TeraCopy3 or any program."
Man, you're a jetspeed!
Long way to go I guess. Why do they always have to introduce some stones when churning the existing bugs? Will have a look at it.
What about Valkyrie Yash? I have been curious to know if it has any improvements

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

Man, you're a jetspeed!
Long way to go I guess. Why do they always have to introduce some stones when churning the existing bugs? Will have a look at it.
What about Valkyrie Yash? I have been curious to know if it has any improvements
I didn't tested it for long, just checked out issues compared to previous beta here

Valkyrie is still not fully live but performance seems lot better...full scan use to take around 5-6 hours, now takes around 2 hours here.

As mentioned didn't tested for long but for the short time I tested, 2 files were autosandboxed & verdict was there in few mins...didn't exactly noticed the time taken but guess around 10-15 mins or less or more...:D

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
@Yash Khan The upgrade carries forward the issue:
If you rename the executable shortcut, on the next or any successive boot, it will detect problems in its own installation and one needs to reinstall. Fixing otherwise (as it advises) doesn't work.
I had that issue 3ce in VM and once on my host OS.
I did feel occasional heaviness but it wasn't worth noting. Maybe its performancehad to do with your VM.
Good news is that Valkyrie definitely seems to be mostly working. It did bring in results in some time for a few files I submitted.

D

Deleted member 2913

If you rename the executable shortcut, on the next or any successive boot, it will detect problems in its own installation and one needs to reinstall. Fixing otherwise (as it advises) doesn't work.
I did feel occasional heaviness but it wasn't worth noting. Maybe its performancehad to do with your VM.
Good news is that Valkyrie definitely seems to be mostly working. It did bring in results in some time for a few files I submitted.
What do you mean by "rename executable shortcut"?
You mean, if you rename CCAV desktop shortcut, it will detect problems in its own installation?

I dont test with VM i.e I test with RealSystem...;)

On my system, with CCAV, disk usage is always high i.e between 30-60% And sometimes 99-100%.
Other users too have reported heaviness.

Thank You to confirm Valkyrie is working good...hope Valkyrie is fully live soon, we will see how effective is it...?;)

Beta, regards performance improvements is going to be there in few days...

umesh, Dev/Staff with CCAV is active in CCAV forum...his involvement & support have made a big difference with CCAV/Valkyrie improvements & overall...

Reactions: Parsh

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
What do you mean by "rename executable shortcut"?
You mean, if you rename CCAV desktop shortcut, it will detect problems in its own installation?
I'm not sure why. The first two times I installed CCAV in VM for MH testing, after renaming the executable, it used to show that some protection components aren't working, that, after reboot.
After I left the action of renaming, it never bugged me that way. Same happened yesterday. I cannot confirm the exact reason though. Or maybe it happened by nature (or bug). I doubt that. I witnessed that multiple times :/

I dont test with VM i.e I test with RealSystem...;)
On my system, with CCAV, disk usage is always high i.e between 30-60% And sometimes 99-100%.
Other users too have reported heaviness.
Alright. Maybe I'll observe it in different scenarios ahead. You'd any other protection enabled side-by-side?

Thank You to confirm Valkyrie is working good...hope Valkyrie is fully live soon, we will see how effective is it...?;)

Beta, regards performance improvements is going to be there in few days...

umesh, Dev/Staff with CCAV is active in CCAV forum...his involvement & support have made a big difference with CCAV/Valkyrie improvements & overall...
Awesome. Hope so that doing that, they don't introduce more such damn issues ;) It has become my favourite supplementary product for my main system (Valkyrie + nice SBing)!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

Devs reply -
"If you change shortcut name, it doesn't have any impact as target application remains the same and CCAV is not going to show you any errors for that.

If you try to re-name executable e.g. ccavsrv.exe, it won't allow as it has self-protection.

May be check with him what OS he has and steps he took to rename the executable."

Reactions: Parsh

Pearl96

Level 5
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Comodo is great but if only they improve its engine as Comodo detects almost nothing using the signatures :(

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Comodo is great but if only they improve its engine as Comodo detects almost nothing using the signatures :(
They'd be better off dropping the AV altogether. Throw CIS in the trash and just offer the firewall and have people pair it with an AV that actually offers some form of value.

As for CCAV I'm not sure... Maybe turn it into a pure auto-sandboxing real-time companion for people who find configuring and managing the firewall too difficult? The best thing about Comodo is their auto-sandboxing after all. (Or just kill CCAV too.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Davidov and Pearl96
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.