Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
Hello Friends!
smiley.gif

Here we are very excited and happy to announce that Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.8.405758.403 new version is now released !

Comodo Cloud Antivirus team is currently working hard both on improvements about system architecture of Sandbox and the Valkyrie server side; as well as on the improved usability with a new designed user interface which will be released by the beginning of 2017.

CCAV is now even more Powerful !

The major aim of today’s new release is now CCAV is using CIS Sandbox Engine instead of Portable Sandbox ! With the new version CCAV has the identical Sandboxing mechanism we have on CIS application. We also now have a new option to detect PUA(Potentially Unwanted Applications) !

Please always keep in mind that this product is being shaped with your feedbacks, this is your product! Because You are important for us and we are here to support you for your online protection needs. Please keep providing your feedbacks for us to serve you the best!

Note: Users with previous versions installed will receive an update with this release.

Thank you very much to you all in advance !!

What's new in 1.8.405758.403?

NEW:

-New option to detect PUA(Potentially Unwanted Applications)
-Show alert to prompt user to enable file submission when it is disabled

IMPROVEMENTS:

-Using CIS Sandbox Engine instead of Portable Sandbox.
-Valkyrie internal improvements

FIXES:

-GUI Bug in Scanner Window

Download Location

Comodo Cloud Antivirus version 1.8.405758.403

http://download.comodo.com/ccav/installers/ccav_installer.exe

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Its been released for few hours But still giving previous version.
Devs mentioned to wait for servers sync/update.
I got the new version, from the link in this thread. I like it. It does behave like CIS autosandbox, at least I can say that it doesn't do the same dumb things that CCAV used to do on my system.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I got the new version, from the link in this thread. I like it. It does behave like CIS autosandbox, at least I can say that it doesn't do the same dumb things that CCAV used to do on my system.
Didn't have time today to test it. Did they give the permission option for sandbox to run restricted, partially restricted, untrusted?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
2 quick questions. Does ccav sandbox any unknown on the computer? or only from the web, usb etc line cis on internet security settings?

And i cant find the option for pua detection. where is it? seems i am totaly blind, lol.
CCAV sandboxes everywhere, including system files and program files.
PUA is in file rating settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.