Comodo Cloud AV -- only 3 MB--- with full containment and sandboxing included

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

I am talking about sandbox installed programs & sandboxed files.
i.e sandboxed files - you can move it to trusted & the job is done..you can do this in CIS.
Sandbox installed programs - you install a program & get an alert..you choose to run in sandbox..you find the program is safe..you go to "sandboxed programs"..select the program..move/install on the real system.......is it possible or how easy/hard is it to implement the function for Comodo?

You are talking about a feature like Shadow Defender's commit = commit all changes to the real\physical system.

It's Comodo we're talking about here... they won't make anything too user friendly, never give any infos, release it before it is ready, and then get all defensive when users complain...

Reactions: XhenEd
D

Deleted member 2913

You are talking about a feature like Shadow Defender's commit = commit all changes to the real\physical system.

It's Comodo we're talking about here... they won't make anything too user friendly, never give any infos, release it before it is ready, and then get all defensive when users complain...
I dont know & never tried commit feature in SD.
I use SD for programs testing.

So you mean if you install a program in SD..you can commit/install it on the real system...how you do that?

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
So you mean if you install a program in SD..you can commit/install it on the real system...how you do that?

When download or install something when you are in Shadow Mode you can add that file/folder to the "real PC" in SD options "Commit Now" (picture 1) or just right click on that file/folder and then click on Commit by SD (picture 2).

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Reactions: Moose
D

Deleted member 2913

So if I install Avast free in SD..how to commit it on real system?
I mean what to add or rightclick to commit it completely?
And does this commit option works correctly?

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
So if I install Avast free in SD..how to commit it on real system?
I mean what to add or rightclick to commit it completely?
And does this commit option works correctly?

Add C: partition
It works OK.

image.jpg

D

Deleted member 2913

Ok..

I use SD for programs testing.
I will give commit a try sometime & see.

Thanxx for the info

Janl92l

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
Melih to Valkyrie:
"Valkyrie is not fully deployed to benefit the existing CIS suite yet. We are working on it...its a lot of work..its a HUGE infrastructure.."

Some other staff to the release date: " Hi Guys,

For now it is planned for November, I will let you know once all of the improvements planned and fixed .

For your kind information please.

Best Regards
Buket "

D

Deleted member 178

Melhi was bored and to pass time did some photoshop on his previous screenshot :p

Seriously melhi , you could do a small video showing the options...

Reactions: Kate_L

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
So, this Comodo Cloud AV is the same as the Internet Security (they removed the Firewall and the HIPS).

I love the UI :)

H

hjlbx

Melhi was bored and to pass time did some photoshop on his previous screenshot :p

They have no working model at this time. Concept drawings only...

ETA Working Model: Unknown

Hee, hee... can't help myself take a jab at it. I love Comodo\I hate Comodo...

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
The success of this product will be directly proportional to the speed of the server (analysis time). The top Enterprise products will do Dynamic Analysis in seconds (or less). I severely doubt that Comodo could match that (and i won't even mention the algorithms used).

When Melih states that "its a HUGE infrastructure.." that is an EXTREME understatement.

Reactions: Engage and Moose
D

Deleted member 2913

Melih have posted the main GUI screenshot in the very first post of the Cloud AV thread in Comodo forum.
The new screenshots are nothing but the same stuff with little adjustment. And still users there post great, wow, looking good, amazing...I mean seriously?????
Melih should have post atleast settings screen...that would be better & something new.

Reactions: Deleted member 178
D

Deleted member 2913

yeah, within weeks but he didn't mentioned within weeks 2015, 2016,2017 ...?!!. but for sure its within weeks :D:D
CIS 9 Beta end of August release still hasn't arrived.
Within weeks Melih will come up with another photoshop of main GUI with game mode on the right half of the GUI & the users there will go ga ga, bla bla, ho ho, ha ha, ta ta, pa pa, ma ma, lo lo, la la, ko ko, bo bo, ba ba...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.