Comodo Cloud + Comodo Firewall with CS Settings ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeeekTor

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
May 16, 2017
What do you think?

I believe Comodo stated they are now compatible, that was about 2 months ago.

Reactions: bribon77
T

The paranoid one

And why not Comodo Internet Security?
I can not understand why you have repeated services from the same producer.
If you want to combine Comodo Firewall with an antivirus there are better free solutions: Avast, Qihoo, Panda, Kaspersky ... but if your desire is to run Comodo components, I would recommend the suite, because it is perfectly integrated

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
What do you think?

I believe Comodo stated they are now compatible, that was about 2 months ago.
Why?:eek: Just why? Comodo cloud AV will bring nothing to the table apart from on demand scanning, as CFW already has cloud lookup ability. And if you really want to use a "Comodo AV" then use Comodo Internet Security.

Reactions: The paranoid one

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Anyone heard of Valkyrie? Not included in CFW.
I hope it will be in the future.
Now when network control for sandboxed files are included in CCAV, maybe you do not need CFW?

/W

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Now when network control for sandboxed files are included in CCAV, maybe you do not need CFW?

/W

"Valkyrie is a online file verdict system that tests unknown files with a range of static and behavioral checks in order to identify those that are malicious. Because Valkyrie analyzes the entire run-time behavior of a file, it is more effective at detecting zero-day threats missed by the signature-based detection systems of classic antivirus products."
I found this on Comodo help site. It doesn't mention anywhere that it's being included with CIS or CAV. Can you post some links?
I have heard of it, but how's it any different than VirusScope and recognizers?

T

The paranoid one

/W
Does it work now? When I tried CCAV this function never worked properly on my system.

Reactions: brambedkar59

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I have heard of it, but how's it any different than VirusScope and recognizers?
Viruscope uses behavioural analysis for detection of unknown malware. Recognizers are files that contain sets of behaviours that Viruscope will look out for.

Valkyrie runs submitted files through a series of tests that include signature detection, static analysis, dynamic analysis, precise detectors, human analysis and file certificate validation to determine whether said file is malicious or not.

Viruscope runs locally on your system while Valkyrie uploads submitted files to Comodo's servers for analysis

Last edited:

VeeekTor

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
May 16, 2017
I think that many here state they have issues with CFW and CIS....Settings vanish ETC.

Thus the interest in CCAV !

The video reviews of CCAV as of late seem to all be very favorable.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I think that many here state they have issues with CFW and CIS....Settings vanish ETC.

Thus the interest in CCAV !

The video reviews of CCAV as of late seem to all be very favorable.
That's a bug with HIPS rules (an really old one), and as with CS config HIPS in CFW will be disabled you have nothing to worry.

VeeekTor

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
May 16, 2017
That's a bug with HIPS rules (an really old one), and as with CS config HIPS in CFW will be disabled you have nothing to worry.

So True... Love the idea of cloud protection since it seems that it would be extra lite on system. Thus interest in CCAV

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Does it work now? When I tried CCAV this function never worked properly on my system.

It works now at least, usually you get a verdict over night or less.
Some files, (safe files) seem to go a lot slower to get a verdict.

I am by no means happy with it until it have the same response time as Avast CyberCapture for example.

Umesh makes it move in the right direction now anyway.

/W

T

The paranoid one

It works now at least, usually you get a verdict over night or less.
Some files, (safe files) seem to go a lot slower to get a verdict.

I am by no means happy with it until it have the same response time as Avast CyberCapture for example.

Umesh makes it move in the right direction now anyway.

/W
Thanks for answer :) for me it is important because I am thinking of giving a second opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.