Comodo Essential Care (aka Comodo Complete care)

Should COMODO make a complete suit with an option where you can choose what to install?

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
Hey

I would like comodo to make a suit that contain all the free products and that suit could be called for Comodo Essential Care. It will surely better than Norton 360 and for FREE :)

The main reason why I wish this is because COMODO has many useful program and most of them are stable to use. Comodo should continue to have them separated so that they get the attention is needed; The idea is just combine all of their software in one main program.

Please vote and leave comments

original thread

Regards,
           Valentin N

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
RE: Comodo Complete Care

I don't get it...Why would we need this ?What components should be bundled in the Comodo Complete Suite....?

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011

I am currently working in a sketch, draw by my fiance (since my drawing skills literally suck). I will hopefully get it up today. I though eventually of changing the name, such as COMODO Essential care (CEC), if you a good name feel free to tell.

OFFTOPIC

I would also like to know if anyone knows of a good sketch/drawing program; Powerpoint goes but not that good.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011

You say it will be better than Norton 360, yet Norton 360 is aimed and made for novice users. I can't see a Comodo suite being able to fulfill this role.

The idea sounds interesting though, for people familair with and able to use Comodo products.

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011

Tom172 said:
You say it will be better than Norton 360, yet Norton 360 is aimed and made for novice users. I can't see a Comodo suite being able to fulfill this role.

It will be since CCC will be more feature-rich than.

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011

Jack said:
I don't get it...Why would we need this ?What components should be bundled in the Comodo Complete Suite....?

People (maybe) download more products from comodo and instead of download and install each for themselves comodo could make as suit that has all of that. The person in question can choose what they want to install. Comodo's products are mostly solid as well as stable. I can say from experience their product become more stable and solid for each release.

It will have all comodo free products. Look at the original thread since I made a pic where is says what each field contains of.

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011

here is the sketch without text, just naked

index.php

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011

MrXidus said:
That image is dead.

you might need to be logged in comodo forums; I can see it. Can admin/super mods give this thread the possibility to post pics? thanks

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

This looks more like a logo.....
[attachment=965]

So what are you basically asking is a common installer for all the COMODO products or a common GUI for them ?
COMODO Products : http://www.comodo.com/products/free-products.php

Attachments

• rsz_comodocompletecare.png
    rsz_comodocompletecare.png
    957.8 KB · Views: 626

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011

Jack said:
This looks more like a logo.....

So what are you basically asking is a common installer for all the COMODO products or a common GUI for them ?

Right on the spot. It look like a logo since my fiance only drew the skeletal

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011

when the design is truly the user will be able to achieve what he/she want in at least two ways (optimal would be three ways). I will also make a video where I discuss in detail how the GUI should be.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011

Jack said:

This instantly came to my mind when reading. 5 mins in Photoshop.

testka.png

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011

MrXidus said:
Jack said:

testka.png

I like the idea. I will make an mind map evolve this idea which has been meantioned before in comodo forums.

I will upload a new edition of the previous pic with color. If anyone is able to help me to make this in through the computer, it would be great.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011

MrXidus said:
Jack said:

testka.png

Very nice mockup. Essential feature would be that when you select for example Comodo Internet Security, the tick boxes for Comodo Antivirus and Firewall would be greyed out and un-selectable and vice versa. Preventing people from downloading conflicting programs.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011

Tom172 said:
Very nice mockup. Essential feature would be that when you select for example Comodo Internet Security, the tick boxes for Comodo Antivirus and Firewall would be greyed out and un-selectable and vice versa. Preventing people from downloading conflicting programs.

Yep, I did do so, The boxes for the AV and Firewall are at 30% opacity / greyed out as Internet Security is selected.

20111214065921.png

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011

Not a good idea to use the Comodo forum as an image host. Please use one of the many free image hosting services...

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011

HeffeD said:
Not a good idea to use the Comodo forum as an image host. Please use one of the many free image hosting services...

okey. sorry. Do you know one that is good?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

Wont integrating so many products into a single one increase the RAM Usage? And is this really need as most programs like the Uninstaller or System Cleaner are rarely used.......And lets no forget that the COMODO users are't beginers so they most likely know about this products.....and can separately easily download/install them.

@Valentin N > You can use http://imgur.com/ to upload pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.