Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
Hello,
I've just received Comodo Firewall 10.0.1.6223
No annoucement yet.
It seems that the bug of the shorcut that reappears is gone :)

EDIT:

1 - Comodo Security Agent could not be started
2 - Comodo Application shortcuts could not be deleted, renamed or moved.
3 - IP4 and IP6 entry names could be distorted.
4 - Some of Windows XP PCs could not download updates.
5 - Cygwin fails at post-install scripts and apps like Dash, Bash become unresponsive / consume abnormal CPU usage.
6 - In Containment settings, checkbox 'Do not show privilege elevation alert' was selected after clean install, it should have been de-selected by default.
7 - Some users reported that Windows firewall was disabled even though they installed Comodo Antivirus rather Comodo Firewall
8 - File Lookup Service(FLS) could fail in some cases.
9 - Trusted vendor list could see reduced list of entries for CIS versions older than v10 in last major update.

Last edited:

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Fixes:
5 - Cygwin fails at post-install scripts and apps like Dash, Bash become unresponsive / consume abnormal CPU usage.
6 - In Containment settings, checkbox 'Do not show privilege elevation alert' was selected after clean install, it should have been de-selected by default.
7 - Some users reported that Windows firewall was disabled even though they installed Comodo Antivirus rather Comodo Firewall
9 - Trusted vendor list could see reduced list of entries for CIS versions older than v10 in last major update.

New:
“Pseudo File Downloaders” file group has been updated with additional entries for: *\cmd.exe | *.bat | *.cmd for enhanced security. This file group is referenced in 3rd "Run Virtually" rule set.

runs fine on my end :)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
The previous update, which came out the middle of last week, completely wiped out my customized Trusted Vendors List, and replaced it with the default list.
That was the last straw.
Bye, Comodo.

Reactions: jadinolf

ctrlz

Level 2
Verified
Mar 20, 2017
The last update had problems, but it was a major.
IMO if you want to be stable, it's better to wait and monitor the Comodo forum for a couple of days before to update

Reactions: jadinolf

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Hello,
I've just received Comodo Firewall 10.0.1.6223
No annoucement yet.
It seems that the bug of the shorcut that reappears is gone :)

EDIT:

Switcht back to win defender and comodo firewall. Comodo is like an old love.. dont know why i always comes back, lol. Its just i can forget it. :(

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
On the front of ui basic view it says safe mode ,I put in proactive in settings
If it says "basic view" in the upper right, then it means you are actually in advanced view. That is probably why your see "safe mode".
The "basic view" text is not a notification, it is a button to click on, in order to switch to "basic view".

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
You're right sorry, but is it normal to see safe mode when it is in proactive mode in the advanced view?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.