Status
Not open for further replies.

L S

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
Did Anyone still have problem with Comodo Firewall 10 on Windows 10 after all updates ?
I still have this problem, ... I tried instaling, reinstaling, updating, and there is still the same problem:
There is no window that will show me only the sound when something is detected or stopped from Comodo Firewall - So I can not see in which program or in which software the problem is.! ?

Reactions: Solarlynx

budda

Level 2
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
Comodo have problems with win 10 as far as i know. They told not to install specific update for windows 10 users because of conflicts.

Reactions: Solarlynx and L S

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Did Anyone still have problem with Comodo Firewall 10 on Windows 10 after all updates ?
I still have this problem, ... I tried instaling, reinstaling, updating, and there is still the same problem:
There is no window that will show me only the sound when something is detected or stopped from Comodo Firewall - So I can not see in which program or in which software the problem is.! ?
Do you mean that you don't get pop-up notifications, you only hear a sound?
If so, you might have to enable them in Windows. Go to "notifications" in Windows settings, and make sure that apps are allowed to show notifications, and that Comodo is specifically enabled to show notifications.
I am not presently a Comodo user, so I can't help you more, maybe others have additional suggestions.

L S

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
Yes budda I know , I try everything, but there are still conflicts.

Reactions: shmu26

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
Comodo is never trouble free. Now I have CFW on Windows 7. And voilа - Auto-Containment stopped auto-sandboxing browsers and some other staff after a while.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Besides Windows and CFW do you have other security software like AV, Sandboxie, VS etc?

1) Did you download CFW from its website? If yes, can you re-download just in case your current one is corrupted. Make sure you thoroughly clean your system before installing a fresh copy of CFW. Thorough cleaning involves uninstallation with advanced cleaning, registry and disk cleaning using deep cleaning, leftover folder/file manual removal and, lastly, manual removal of leftover registry entries, if any.

2) How's the order in the installation of your CFW wrt the other security software i.e. having security software already installed and then CFW or vice versa?

3) WRT step 2) if the order is having security software first and CFW later then you may need to uninstall some of the security software, clean the system thoroughly as above, install a fresh copy of the CFW and then install your security software,

4) If step 3) still fails then you need to format your drive, reinstall Windows(update all drivers and firmware) and then immediately install CFW. Check if CFW still gives you problem.

If yes, then it's a compatibility issue with Windows.

If no, proceed to install your security software. If problem re-surface after installing the security software then it's a compatibility issue with the security software. You have to find out which one.

Hope one of the above steps can help you.

Last edited:

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Comodo is reputed to be buggy, in fact every releases always had bugs, some are 10 years old, it is why i get fed up of it, and ditched for better and more stable solutions.

You missed "FAR" in the part where you talked about better and stabler solutions.

Seriously, I wouldn't touched Comodo Firewall even if you paid me, worse buggy and slow product I have ever used. :p

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Comodo have problems with win 10 as far as i know. They told not to install specific update for windows 10 users because of conflicts.
That has been fixed, I think last month. And if you mean Cumulative Windows updates for this month then, no I am not having any problems with it.
@L S Did you deleted all the folders related to Comodo after uninstalling?

Last edited:
Reactions: L S

kamla5abi

Level 4
Verified
May 15, 2017
if you get the sound telling you when comodo blocked something, maybe there is a log somewhere that shows the details?
in comodo folders on HDD or somwhere inside the program itself?

Reactions: L S
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.