AI Assist comodo firewall 2025 with sandboxie compatibility

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
just wondering, installed Comodo Firewall 2025 & I tried running browser "in comodo container" (right-click menu) and browser froze and I had to kill it with task manager. So wondering if sandboxie-plus is compatible with CF, or does running browser in sbie+ defeat or interfere with CF containment??

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
It's possible that there could be a conflict between Comodo Firewall and Sandboxie-Plus, as both have similar functionalities. Try disabling one when using the other to see if the issue persists. If it does, it may be a compatibility issue. Always ensure both are updated to the latest versions for optimal performance.

Reactions: simmerskool

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
It's possible that there could be a conflict between Comodo Firewall and Sandboxie-Plus, as both have similar functionalities. Try disabling one when using the other to see if the issue persists. If it does, it may be a compatibility issue.
the good news is that I have NOT seen an "issue" but not sure if I could tell if CF's containment was working as expected. I consider CF primary firewall so I would not use sandboxie if an issue is seen.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
the good news is that I have NOT seen an "issue" but not sure if I could tell if CF's containment was working as expected. I consider CF primary firewall so I would not use sandboxie if an issue is seen.
If you haven't noticed any issues, then it's likely that Comodo Firewall and Sandboxie-Plus are working fine together. To ensure CF's containment is working, you could try testing it with a safe test file. If you notice any issues, then you may need to adjust your settings or choose between the two programs.

n8chavez

Level 18
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I'm running sandboxie and comodo firewall right now and there's no conflict whatsoever. I'm not sure why you would need or want to run things double-contained. That's not a good idea. But I'm not seeing any conflicts.

Reactions: simmerskool

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I'm running sandboxie and comodo firewall right now and there's no conflict whatsoever. I'm not sure why you would need or want to run things double-contained. That's not a good idea. But I'm not seeing any conflicts.
right... I'm not intentionally running in double-sandbox, just wondering if I'm running a browser in sbie+ and malware is encountered, would CF then act to contain it and collide negatively with sbie+? since CF is firewall-level I assume (perhaps incorrectly) that CF would interact with malware, or attempt to.

New_Style_xd

Sep 10, 2022
I'm seeing a lot of people talking about Kaspersky, which was banned in the USA. the solution is below:
The only solution is for the user to use COMODO Internet Security Premium 2025, because you can remove the provider and set it as unreliable, and nothing happens. and if self-restraint passes, it takes everything. solved the problem.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.