Question Comodo Firewall and AnyDesk

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

rashmi

Level 7
Thread author
Jan 15, 2024
On Windows 11, I have installed Comodo Firewall 2025 and AnyDesk Portable. Comodo trusts AnyDesk, but AnyDesk shows a connection problem when I try to perform a remote connection. Enabling "Create rules for safe applications" (or creating In/Out rules) and selecting "Alert Incoming Connections" in Firewall Tasks allows AnyDesk to connect. [I guess creating an "Allowed Application" rule for AnyDesk (instead of "Create rules..." or In/Out) will work, too.]

Is it safe to choose "Alert Incoming Connections" with the following setup?
Firewall Settings: (Enabled) Do not show popup alerts: Allow Requests
Auto-Containment: All Applications (Unrecognized): Action: Block (the rule will block all applications that are unrecognized and require elevated rights)

Do you know any solutions, particularly when you have Block Incoming Connections enabled?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
Choosing "Alert Incoming Connections" should be safe as long as you trust the applications that are requesting access. Your setup will block unrecognized applications, adding an extra layer of security.

If you have "Block Incoming Connections" enabled and AnyDesk is having issues, you could create a specific rule to allow AnyDesk through the firewall. This will ensure AnyDesk functions correctly without compromising your overall security setup.

rashmi

Level 7
Thread author
Jan 15, 2024
Choosing "Alert Incoming Connections" should be safe as long as you trust the applications that are requesting access. Your setup will block unrecognized applications, adding an extra layer of security.

If you have "Block Incoming Connections" enabled and AnyDesk is having issues, you could create a specific rule to allow AnyDesk through the firewall. This will ensure AnyDesk functions correctly without compromising your overall security setup.
With Block Incoming Connections enabled, I tried creating an "Allowed Application" rule for AnyDesk, but it couldn't connect. Also tried disabling "Allow direct connections" in AnyDesk, but it couldn't connect.

With Alert Incoming Connections enabled, I enabled "Create rules for safe applications", and AnyDesk connected. Created In/Out firewall rules for AnyDesk, and it connected.

I tried the In/Out firewall rules with Block Incoming Connections enabled, but AnyDesk couldn't connect. I want AnyDesk to connect with Block Incoming Connections enabled.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
With Block Incoming Connections enabled, I tried creating an "Allowed Application" rule for AnyDesk, but it couldn't connect. Also tried disabling "Allow direct connections" in AnyDesk, but it couldn't connect.

With Alert Incoming Connections enabled, I enabled "Create rules for safe applications", and AnyDesk connected. Created In/Out firewall rules for AnyDesk, and it connected.

I tried the In/Out firewall rules with Block Incoming Connections enabled, but AnyDesk couldn't connect. I want AnyDesk to connect with Block Incoming Connections enabled.
If creating an "Allowed Application" rule for AnyDesk did not work with "Block Incoming Connections" enabled, you might need to specify the exact ports that AnyDesk uses in your firewall rules. AnyDesk uses TCP ports 80, 443, 6568, and 7070, as well as UDP ports 53 and 6568. Create inbound and outbound rules for these ports. If this doesn't work, I recommend contacting Comodo support for further assistance.

rashmi

Level 7
Thread author
Jan 15, 2024
If creating an "Allowed Application" rule for AnyDesk did not work with "Block Incoming Connections" enabled, you might need to specify the exact ports that AnyDesk uses in your firewall rules. AnyDesk uses TCP ports 80, 443, 6568, and 7070, as well as UDP ports 53 and 6568. Create inbound and outbound rules for these ports. If this doesn't work, I recommend contacting Comodo support for further assistance.
Disabling "Allow direct connections" in AnyDesk settings allowed me to establish a connection. Previously, I forgot to hit the "apply" tab after disabling the mentioned option. Privacy- or security-wise, is it safe to connect AnyDesk with "Allow direct connections" disabled?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
Disabling "Allow direct connections" in AnyDesk settings allowed me to establish a connection. Previously, I forgot to hit the "apply" tab after disabling the mentioned option. Privacy- or security-wise, is it safe to connect AnyDesk with "Allow direct connections" disabled?
Yes, it's safe. Disabling "Allow direct connections" in AnyDesk means that your connections will be routed through AnyDesk's servers rather than directly between the two devices. This can actually add an extra layer of security as the connection is established through their servers, which are designed to handle such connections securely. Just ensure you're using a strong password and two-factor authentication if possible.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.