Question How to allow program through enhanced firewall

AVG
10 Replies 1,845 Views
Help answer the author's question with clear explanations and useful steps.

Antimalware18

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Forum Veteran
So, i decided to give AVG's enhanced firewall a try again, after modifying the installing and setting it to ask me about connections, it blocks Messenger form connecting out
if i set avg firewall to smart mode it connects out fine, but set to ask it doesn't, but when starting messenger it doesn't give a notification about allowing any connection from messenger.
also i can seem to get it running fine through any settings and messenger runs as its own independent process in task manager, but it doesn't have any file location. Don't know if that helps

any help is appreciated

Cheers!
 
Check Application Rules, look for Messenger or any unknown entries that might correspond to it, if it’s missing, try manually adding Messenger’s executable (if you can locate it).
ive already went through those steps, and i have located where the executable is most likely located, but I'm unable to access to location without changing permissions, and tbh im not
quite comfortable enough doing that without thinking im risking messing something up. changing permissions isnt something ive really had to work with yet suprisingly.
 
ive already went through those steps, and i have located where the executable is most likely located, but I'm unable to access to location without changing permissions, and tbh im not
quite comfortable enough doing that without thinking im risking messing something up. changing permissions isnt something ive really had to work with yet suprisingly.
Is your network set to public? If yes, try to set it to private, public profiles apply stricter rules.
 
I never had issues with AVG firewall except with Edge.
Even for Vivaldi, it prompted me several times for each port requiring connection, and I blocked two ports which I do not need.
Capture.JPG
 
I never had issues with AVG firewall except with Edge.
Even for Vivaldi, it prompted me several times for each port requiring connection, and I blocked two ports which I do not need.
My Pc's a bit special most likely seeing as i haven't dont a reset on it since installing windows 11 back when it released. and after having probably 12 different security apps on/off the machine at different itmes......some things just dont work quite "as they should" anymore :LOL: AVG when it installs now it doesnt even give me the option to customize until after its finished installing
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top