Advice Request Comodo Firewall and Kaspersky Free

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Perfectly good combination. Suggest using Cruelsister's settings.

I would rather use Bitdefender Free + Comodo Firewall / Avast Free + Comodo Firewall as Kaspersky Free has no behavior blocker from what I know
I'd argue a behaviour blocker isn't necessary if paried with CF. Chances of running into accidentally whitelisted malware (that Kaspersky also doesn't have a signature for) is so low it may as well be nonexistent.

CoherentCrayon

Level 4
Verified
Jun 23, 2017

I'd argue a behaviour blocker isn't necessary if paried with CF. Chances running into accidentally whitelisted malware (that Kaspersky doesn't have a signature for) is so low it may as well be nonexistent.
Yep, but one might exclude installers from the sandbox for example as you probably don't want to install software in the sandbox, while the installer might be malicious. A behavior blocker will in that case be an extra safeguard. Comodo also has VirusScope which I think you can enable for non-sandboxed processes also.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Yep, but one might exclude installers from the sandbox for example as you probably don't want to install software in the sandbox, while the installer might be malicious. A behavior blocker will in that case be an extra safeguard. Comodo also has VirusScope which I think you can enable for non-sandboxed processes also.
Chances are if it has an installer it's a PUP which neither Comodo or Kaspersky are particularly good at detecting, and unless it starts dropping adware or a crypto-miner on your system a behaviour blocker isn't going to react to some fake system performance booster.
Also like you said, VirusScope can be set to monitor outside the sandbox.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I think it's a good combination, and I've been using it with the Cs configuration and it's almost impossible to pass any malware to it.
2. If you want to use the Comodo and kaspersky free firewall without touching anything, it's also a good combination because Comodo has hips and doesn't need a behavior detector.

IceLion36

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 1, 2017
Yes I followed that settings, thank you (y)
I would rather use Bitdefender Free + Comodo Firewall / Avast Free + Comodo Firewall as Kaspersky Free has no behavior blocker from what I know
I have considered Bitdefender free but it is not compatible with Comodo Firewall and the options are very basic. Kaspersky's signatures are pretty good, I don't know how effective Avast's signatures and behaviour blocker can be.
Is correct CIS has the option of viruscope working outside the sandbox.
What about VirusScope? Can it affect the operation of Kaspersky ?

klaken

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
virsucope should not cause many dilemmas outside of sanbox .. whenever you put it as trustworthy .ademas it works by checking after the file is executed not before so no much hy problem ..

with comodo do not need so much a motor of behavior since everything must pass by the white list of CIS ... ALSO YOU HAVE the auto sanbox so anything you must give them permission.

klaken

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
An extra: most solutions are compatible with each other if you put them in exclusions between them .. so they avoid being scanned between them.

kaspeky >> exclusions to comfortable
comfortable >>> exclusions to kasperky (I think this is by default).

bitdefender should look like this:

bitdefender >> exclusions to comodo
comodo >>> excluding bitdefender (I think this is by default).

is a great combo since cis acts as an anti-exe with white list ... and if you want more security only activate the HIP and you will go crazy giving permissions.

listen to The paranoid one .. He already has that combo XD ..

Reactions: AtlBo

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Good Point @steel9 . I use Avast free too . but i don't use comodo. last time i tried to download their software
I also have a problem with the standard Comodo installer.
So the way I get around it is by using the CIS offline installer, and then rebooting, and then I can uninstall the AV, and just keep the firewall.
The new version of Comodo , coming later this month, will have an option in the offline installer for firewall only, without any need to install the AV at all.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Is Appcheck or AppGuard +KAF+Comodo too much?
AppGuard cancels out Comodo's use as nothing malicious would be able to execute in the first place (thus making the sandbox irrelevant).

Comodo cancels out Appcheck's use as any ransomware would be contained within the sandbox and unable to affect the system.

KAF + Comodo or AppGuard is more than enough.

Last edited:

klaken

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
Cfw is an anti exe, white list, sandbox, viruscope (behavioral analysis) ... more you can ask for ..
Kaf + comfortable is an excellent protection..

Reactions: AtlBo and bribon77
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.