Comodo firewall causes BSOD in Win 8.1 fixed...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raul90

Level 14
Thread author
Feb 5, 2012
Recently installed Comodo Firewall on my 2nd partition Windows 8.1 Pro and I experienced BSOD when connecting to the internet. Error was 0x101 0x30018 and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b. On that particular partition I would always end up in BSOD so I removed CIS Firewall and installed EIS instead. No worries after that. The default Win 8.1 partition has Avast IS 2016 with firewall and did not experience anything like that.

Has this issue been fixed.? Anyone using Comodo firewall in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8..?

In Windows 7 there are no issues and I have Comodo firewall on two partitions functioning fine (EAM+Comodo Firewall and Avira Free + Comodo Firewall).

Now I saw some similar issues posted in the Comodo forums with a link from softpedia stating that is fixed but that was 2013. I used the latest build Comodo Internet Security 8.2.0.4792 and still the BSOD exists.

Windows 8.1 + Comodo Firewall causing BSOD on my fresh Win install - Install / Setup / Configuration Help - CIS

Comodo Antivirus Gets Windows 8.1 BSOD Fixes – Free Download

Any ideas guys..?

Just asking here. My setup is okay but I'd like to know if anyone is using Comodo Firewall in Windows 8/8.1 or has anybody experienced the same or similar issues like that..?

Thank you :)

H

hjlbx

I have used CFW on W8.1 without incident - but as you know - BSODs happen on specific systems.

The only way to determine what the issue might be is to submit the MEMORY.dmp file collected during the BSOD to COMODO. COMODO would have to use their symbols table to analyze the memory dump.

That's the only way - but there is no easy procedure to follow in this case. You can open a support ticket and submit it that way: Comodo - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

They might try to sell you stuff... :D

Reactions: Raul90
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Its a hardware issue, some drivers may be conflicting, do you have installed only manufacturers or some 3rd party as well?

Reactions: safe1st and Raul90

Raul90

Level 14
Thread author
Feb 5, 2012
Manufacturer's drivers only. I saw that there is a similarity in some threads with mine. AMD drivers. Anyway I will have to check it out and get the dump files. Maybe next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.