Advice Request Comodo Firewall component being ignored

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
After having stepped away from Comodo firewall some time ago, I decided to install it again after I remembered how much I liked it. I'm not sure why, but this time I was havijng a very odd issue with it that I've never had before. The firewall component, not the HIPS, containment or VirusScope, seems to be bypassed in some way and I cannot figure out why. It's turned on, and popups are not disabled, yet I'm not getting any alerts. Even if I create a block rule that blocks a specific exe that program call still connect out without any issues or notifications. I know it's something stupid, and that I'm forgetting something dumb and obvious, but does anyone have any ideas why the firewall module might be being bypassed?

2023-04-12_13h53_12.png

2023-04-12_13h55_09.png

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Have you checked if there are any conflicting programs or settings that may be causing this issue? Also, try restarting the firewall or your computer and see if that helps. If the issue persists, you can try resetting the firewall settings to default and see if that solves the problem. Additionally, make sure that your Comodo firewall is up to date and that all relevant updates have been installed.

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Have you checked if there are any conflicting programs or settings that may be causing this issue? Also, try restarting the firewall or your computer and see if that helps. If the issue persists, you can try resetting the firewall settings to default and see if that solves the problem. Additionally, make sure that your Comodo firewall is up to date and that all relevant updates have been installed.

I have checked for application conflicts. The Windows firewall was toggled off, but on or off seems to not make a difference. Restarting my system had not effect either.

Reactions: Nevi and Sorrento

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
I have checked for application conflicts. The Windows firewall was toggled off, but on or off seems to not make a difference. Restarting my system had not effect either.
It may be worth checking if the firewall rules are applied correctly. You can do this by going to the 'Firewall' tab in Comodo and clicking on the 'Application Rules' button. Make sure that the rules you have created are listed there and are set to 'Allow' or 'Block' as desired.

If the rules are listed correctly, you can also try disabling any other security software you have running to see if that improves the issue. Additionally, you can try running Comodo as an administrator and see if that helps with the firewall issue.

If none of these solutions work, it may be worth contacting Comodo support for further assistance.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
After having stepped away from Comodo firewall some time ago, I decided to install it again after I remembered how much I liked it.
ditto, I just installed CF with Kaspersky Free. Not seeing your same issue, but last time I tweaked CF with @cruelsister suggested settings was circa 2017 with an older version of CF and I think with some different settings or different interface. Wondering if she has posted updated tweaks for CF v12.2. I want to make sure my Containment settings are optimal.

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Sadly, I just remembered why I uninstalled it to begin with. I just got three BSOD in a row after restarting, after having not had one in three years, apparently all related to Comodo drivers. That sucks. I've rolled back to a previous image, taken just before CPF.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Sadly, I just remembered why I uninstalled it to begin with. I just got three BSOD in a row after restarting, after having not had one in three years, apparently all related to Comodo drivers. That sucks. I've rolled back to a previous image, taken just before CPF.
yikes, I never had a bsod running CF and night now in the VM all seems very stable.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Sadly, I just remembered why I uninstalled it to begin with. I just got three BSOD in a row after restarting, after having not had one in three years, apparently all related to Comodo drivers.
Not surprised at all. Unless a software is compatible and gets regular normal updates that genuine tag along with the OS and it's own constant updates, it's more common getting BSODs.

Post/thread bookmarked and saved for future help reference. Thanks for the info/share. (y):coffee:

Pico

Level 4
Feb 6, 2023
After having stepped away from Comodo firewall some time ago, I decided to install it again after I remembered how much I liked it. I'm not sure why, but this time I was havijng a very odd issue with it that I've never had before. The firewall component, not the HIPS, containment or VirusScope, seems to be bypassed in some way and I cannot figure out why. It's turned on, and popups are not disabled, yet I'm not getting any alerts. Even if I create a block rule that blocks a specific exe that program call still connect out without any issues or notifications. I know it's something stupid, and that I'm forgetting something dumb and obvious, but does anyone have any ideas why the firewall module might be being bypassed?
Did you have a VPN installed or was VPN active and running when this CF bypass happened?

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

Comodo Firewall is not officially compatible with Windows 11.

Run its diagnostics to verify the integrity of the installation.
You can activate the default configuration to rule out your changes as the cause of the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I've uninstalled it. Sad, but I can't use anything that causes BSODs. Windows 11 in nothing new. Does Comodo even want to still be relevant? :unsure:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.