Question Comodo Firewall rules for Edge?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Quick kind of related question with regards to firewall rules. I get a prompt to allow svchost In from my router to port 443 which I allow that creates a allow IP in rule in CF. I also get a ton of Port 443 & Port 1900 alerts from Edge and not sure whether I should just ignore these or create a rule?

I thought that might be because Proactive config FW preset is Alert Incoming rather than block incoming as default. Hide PC Ports Using Stealth Ports Wizard | Internet Security Help I experimented with stealthing ports to block incoming which seemed to work initially but not the case in the end.

Question is, do I just ignore these or create rules for Edge?

1681586446083.png
1681586476149.png

wat0114

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
Edge is attempting outbound connection on TCP port 443, IPv6.

I don't use Edge, but Firefox, Librewolf and Chrome are all routinely connecting to TCP 443, IPv6. when I randomly open several of my bookmarked sites.I have outbound allowed in UFW (Linux firewall) for port 443, IPv4 and IPv6, and port 80, IPv6 only. Also a couple of IPv4 rules to specific remote IP's for port 80 due to OS update server requirements.

These are the rules I have for my web browsers without breaking sites:

Code:
443/tcp                    ALLOW OUT   Anywhere
130.61.0.0/16 80/tcp       ALLOW OUT   Anywhere    <===for Linux update server            
70.40.0.0/16 80/tcp        ALLOW OUT   Anywhere     <===for Linux update server
443/udp                    ALLOW OUT   Anywhere  
8080/tcp (v6)              ALLOW OUT   Anywhere (v6)           
82 (v6)                    ALLOW OUT   Anywhere (v6)           
80/tcp (v6)                ALLOW OUT   Anywhere (v6)           
443/tcp (v6)               ALLOW OUT   Anywhere (v6)           
443/udp (v6)               ALLOW OUT   Anywhere (v6)

Last edited:

ErzCrz

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Edge is attempting outbound connection on TCP port 443, IPv6.

I don't use Edge, but Firefox, Librewolf and Chrome are all routinely connecting to TCP & UDP 443, IPv6. when I randomly open several of my bookmarked sites.I have outbound allowed in UFW (Linux firewall) for port 443, IPv4 and IPv6, and port 80, IPv6 only. Also a couple of IPv4 rules to specific remote IP's for port 80 due to OS update server requirements.
Thanks. I'm trialling just adding a HTTPS and SSDP portset and creating a rule. Probably the simplest options.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.