Advice Request Comodo Firewall with CS settings - Does Viruscope provide any Benefits?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
VirusScope Settings
Click 'Settings' > 'Advanced Protection' > 'VirusScope'
VirusScope monitors the activities of processes running on your computer and alerts you if they take actions that could potentially threaten your privacy and/or security.VirusScope also allows you to reverse the actions of software without blocking the software itself. This provides more flexibility over legitimate software which requires certain actions to be implemented in order to run correctly.
This provides more flexibility over legitimate software which requires certain actions to be implemented in order to run correctly.
VirusScope alerts give you the opportunity to quarantine the process & reverse its changes, or to let the process go ahead. Be especially wary if a VirusScope alert appears 'out-of-the-blue' when you have not made any recent changes to your computer.
CS mostly disable it if testing malware and it is known in virusScope so she can run it.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I am now running CFW/cs. I was wondering does Viruscope offer any benefits or should that be disabled as well?

I noticed Cruelsister does not mention or refer to it in her recommended settings. Thanks.
As the strength of CF is Auto-Containment, I never saw the point of specifically highlighting it. But personally I would suggest keeping both VirusScope as well as Cloud lookup (the latter found under File Rating/File Rating Settings) both Enabled. Also never ever disable Script Analysis (under Advanced Protection)!

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
@Cs thanks for the clarification. Always appreciated. One more thing. I have noticed that sometimes, when I try to run a legitimate program file, it does not. I then have to open the GUI to see that it was blocked by cfcs and I have to unblock and trust it. Aside from the obvious that the software does not run, and maybe cfcs blocked it requiring opening GUI for info, is there a way to set up cfcs where it also tells you it is blocking a software?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.