Advice Request Comodo forum issue?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Just a heads up, saw some anomalies with their forum today.

Login popped up:
1653755886825.png

And then your redirected to //review-master-8dyme2.www-staging.forums.comodo.com/

My guess is it's compromised so check you URLs before logging in as no warning came up in Edge nor with my uBlock in modified Hard Mode.

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

ErzCrz

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
SMF is on version 2.1.2 since May 9th this year. Comodo forum is still using:

2022-05-28-20-38-05.jpg

Yes, looks like someone is lazy not upgrading to latest version again. :((n)

Oh well, lets hope it gets updated at some point. One of the reasons I find myself moving away from their products from time to time.

Wontkins

Level 1
May 9, 2022
True it's a security company, should expect a bit more. They had problems before with their forum not working. Not a priority I guess. The forum itself needs a makeover. Funny thing, even this year they had their own Comodo website listing IceDragon 2022 as if it was still actively updated. When they abandoned it at version 65. People kept asking about it then the thread for that browser just disappeared. They do still update Comodo Dragon, their Chromium browswer. But I still like their firewall.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Working again
Looks like they're working on it but still version 2.0.7 at the moment and you redirect to the review..staging.forums.comodo.com page when you navigate to a topic or login but fingers crossed it's resolved quickly.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Down again but just Connection Problem.
1655362356072.png

Forum still not upgraded.
Anyway, just thought I'd mention it when I tried to visit it this morning. Right, best finish my coffee and get off to work ;)

Reactions: upnorth

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.